Every week brings a slew of new books to the shelves. Every week we pick which ones might heat up on the secondary market. It is always fun to guess. Let us know what you think are this week’s big books.
1. Grimm Fairy Tales OZ #1- Zenescope books have been hot on the secondary market, especially variants, especially the racier variants. Plus, first issues tend to do well.
2. Satellite Sam #1 – New #1 from Image by Matt Fraction and Howard Chaykin. Looks different and interesting. Different and interesting from Image has done well (Manhattan Projects, Think Tank, Nowhere Men.)
3. Detective Comics #22 – The first New 52 Appearance of the Wraith, essentially the Anti-Batman.
4. Dexter #1 – Popular TV show tie in. Fans from the show might not make it in to the comic shops but may well pick them up on the secondary market. This comic is based off the books, not the show, but the cross genre potential is huge.
5. Superior Foes of Spiderman #1 – Spider-Ock has been huge for Marvel. His books keep popping up on the Diamond Comics Advanced Reorder list.
Also, you might want to check out the Trinity of Sin Tie in books. A new Polarity issue drops this week, book has been fantastic. Clive Barker’s Next Testament #2 hits this week, interesting first issue.