One to Watch: Superman Lois and Clark #8

Thanks to the guys at CBSI for this one.

Out tomorrow, and leading up to Rebirth, is Superman Lois and Clark #8. This book is selling out online and may be snatched up tomorrow.

Update: Superman: Lois and Clark #8 has sold out in TFAW, MYCOMICSHOP, and MIDTOWN. Prices on the book are selling for up to $14.99 currently.

Spoilers ahead:

Click the spoiler bar to see the image.

Looks like we get the first peek at a character coming up in rebirth.

spoiler

Also, keep an eye out on Superman: Lois and Clark #1, the first full John Kent (everyone has been focused on the variant while the regular copies have been easy pick ups.) Also, Convergence Superman #2, birth and first appearance of Jonathan Kent.

Again, thanks to CBSI for the spoiler.

This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to One to Watch: Superman Lois and Clark #8

1. Mike S says:

This book is going to be hard to find by tomorrow evening. DC is doing some interesting things lately. Hope it pays off in the long run.

• jl says:

same…I grabbed a few too many for comfort level but now that I can’t find any..even on ebay….i’m feeling better.

2. jl says:

Superman 52 also…considering there’s some power fluctuations that will lead to two more people getting super juice.

3. Jesus says:

I had some Louis and Clark #1 on my hands and put them back lol. Will call my LCS to see if they still have them cuz I wanna get the team up of him and Robin for my boys.

4. Admiral Snackbar says:

as of this posting there are still copies of both # 1 and # 8 for below cover at expertcomics.com.

5. Brian Springman says:

This book is blowing up. The print this run will most likely be between 17-20k, so the demand will definitely be there.

This may be a better hold than to sell at 15 shipped which is the price they’re flying at on ebay right now.

Buy a few, sell one or two to make up the cost of the purchase, hold the others. Either way you break even or make slight profit. 😉

6. emiobeg says:

I took half the copies from my LCS

7. Jay says:

I got 2 copies one to keep one to sell, i see some people selling them for $20? Is it worth it to sell now or keep it for better profit down the road? Cause i really one to keep the other one for my collection

• jl says:

I would imagine there will be increased interest when Super Sons is released….but it’s all a gamble…i’m probably hanging on to most of mine and looking for Superman Lois & Clark sets and cheap Convergence 2 Superman copies.

Found a roached out copy of Convergence Superman 2 today in a dollar bin. Had to pass. Also, noticed a LCS that I asked if they had copies of it and said no are selling them online for a markup.

It’s hard to say what is the exact best time to sell. Sell now and your copy is free plus a profit or risk undercutters setting in and killing the value

8. jl says:

well thankfully the print run is probably under 20k so that should help weed out the glut some.

All the stores I went to still had copies.

• Jl says:

I went to 5 stores and they are all sold out

• Brian Springman says:

The 6 shops in this area are completely sold out, and they sold out within the first 30 mins. Of course I helped, but there were people lined up at some places that never shop at these stores, according to store owners. You would think it was for Rebirth, but they were waiting for Lois and Clark only.

All 6 shops had 10 or less with 3 having 5 or less.

10. Zone says:

Managed to find one after finding an empty shelf..lucky he had one he forgot to put out

11. jclu007 says:

I managed to grab 1 copy at my LCS and then 2 copies at another store, and 2 more at my third store. I have 1 on hold at my 4th store. The 1st 3 stores only had the few issues that I grabbed.

12. Alan says:

It is a solid spec. But what about the DC Universe: Rebirth #1 (Midnight variant, color version) as the first Jonathan Kent in costume, on the cover? There is the B&W version…more expensive, though. Lois and Clark #8 has the Kent child flying with cape, but this Rebirth #1 has him in official costume…so might be worth getting at least one copy.