Variant Envy: Batman #1 Blank Sketch Cover

I have always liked blank sketch covers. I love getting them sketched up and always happy when an artist agrees to do one. Hoknes USA has one of interest.

Hoknes USA will be the only place carrying the Blank Sketch cover. This is the first Batman #1 to have a blank cover (neither Batman #1 1942 nor the New 52 #1 had one). There are no logos other than the Batman trade dress.

blank batman

You can pick these up at Hoknes USA or on their on their eBay site.

This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Variant Envy: Batman #1 Blank Sketch Cover

1. Brian Springman says:

These are absolutely no-brainers, in my opinion.

2. Jesus says:

Is there a promotional code for us CHU readers?

3. Philippe Brault says:

Too bad the shipping to canada is so high otherwise I would get one but 21$ (Can) shipping on top of 13$ (Can) for the comic makes this a no non for me :/

You might want to contact them
      Since Terry hoknes is out of Canada. They are selling them from both Canada and the US I believe.

• Philippe Brault says:

Oh really? Cool I’ll try and send them a message on ebay, thanks for the info 🙂

4. Nicholas Hart says:

It seems cool I’m a huge blank guy. If you don’t mind me asking whats the print run and what type of stock is the blank

Thanks
    Nick

It is going to be the thick card board outer sketch cover that DC usually uses over the regular covers I believe.

Sent from my iPhone

5. Nice! I nabbed one.

Now to determine who will be smearing copic all over this thing!

That’s a tough call. I will be wanting one marked up for myself. Wonder who (Paul Pope) I will get to (Paul Pope) do a Batman (Paul Pope) sketch for me (Paul Pope).

6. abusivemango says:

This isnt the only place -Forbidden planet in th uk is also carrying this as well as several nice exclusives. Jock.Romita/ Blank and exclusive with harley on –

7. abusivemango says:

correction … its all star batman!… damit,, .. but they do a very nice march variant of batman 1 …

DC liked the idea of the Blank Batman #1 they were going to run with it no matter what. Since Hoknes has the first Batman #1 blank they switched series still making this the only Batman#1 blank for the Batman series proper.

8. Jay says:

Im so confused is this Rebirth 1 tomorrow the actual 1st issue. Or is the Batman 1 coming out next week the actual first issue. Why is there two number 1 issue comics? And which one are thes variants for.

How come there is no 1::25 or 1:50 how come ther all random variants? This sucks cause no body knows which one is gonna valuable

9. Jay says:

So now we know duke aint robbin is it still worth picking up? People think this is new 52 batman 1 value but its not