Greetings to my Awesomesauce and Comics Heating Up familes . Thank you all for reading this each and every week. Hope to see you in Boston and connect in the next few weeks . now lets make money on comics because you can’t teach that
1. Suicide Squad Vol. 1 #9 – Dear Slipknot, they put that chip in your brain for a reason why did you think you could escape? This is the issue that inspired the scene where Slipknot gets his head blow off. (Slight spoilers in that one) $5-10
2. Steel the Indestructible Man #1 – first Commander Steel of the JSA. He will be in the Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 $10-20
3. Life Magazine March 11th 1966 – Adam West cover. This is a classic cover from the Batmania era and tough to find in nice shape. $20 and up. Not much spec play just a cool item for the p.c.
4. Superman Family 204 – wow, did the Enchantress steal the show in Suicide Squad? Yeah she did. This is her first cover appearance and is undervalued
5. Detective Comics #230 – Vicky Vale might be coming to Gotham Season Three. This is her last silver age appearance just snag the grade you can afford, but it is a cool book for bat fans
6. Batman Family #11– 1st bronze age Vicky Vale. These square bound bronze age issues from DC are tough to find in nice grade I loved this series as a kid and Vicky Vale is hot
7. Batman #344 – 1st Modern age Vicky Vale. Fun bat trivia Marlin Monroe was the model for Vicky Vale and Bob Kane was her friend (lucky him!) #awesomesauce $5-10
8. DC Universe Legacies #2 – Commander Steel story and it is cheap $1-5
9. Batman Harley Quinn 3rd print – the Suicide Squad homage this cover and the third print is the toughest to find $50 and up
10. Cracked Magazine #227– this issue of cracked was banned in Moscow according to the eBay listing, plus it features the Cosby Show but Cracked Magazines from the 80’s just reek of awesomeness no spec play just a cool p.c. find
11. Secret Society of Super Villains #1 – sorry this weeks list is so DC heavy. Sorting through a DC collection I just got in and it inspired this weeks list. Plus ,with season two of Legends of Tomorrow doing the Legion of Doom which is the best Superfriends season of all time I thought this issue might get some play $25 and up
12. He Said She Said Comics #5 – the OJ Simpson story. This series is just fun. Not sure of any real spec play but I do love these classic comics from the nineties $3-10
13. Hercules the Legendary Journeys #3 – Xena is making a come back. Another old school tv property coming back for the Netflix gerention. #awesomesauce. this is Xena’s first comic book appearance and it is extremely cheap compared to other series like Star Wars or the X-Files
14. New Mutants #100 3rd print – I am surprised about how many 90’s books have these later printings. Second and later prints are all the rage today. X-Force is coming to theaters someday and this book can still be found in the wild
15. All Star Batman #3 Black Canary Variant – The Frank Miller / Jim Lee All Star Batman series is tons of fun. I loved it, people need to stop being haters and lighten up. This is a great undervalued variant from the series. Even if Canary looks like a lady of the evening. $20
16. Ultimate Spider-man #33 – with Venom and Carnage appearances blowing up, why are Ultimate Spidey #s 33 & 60, 1st Venom and Carnage so damn cheap? I can still find both of them in dollar bins in the wild, why?
17. The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #16 1986 – not a ton of spec play. However, this was the first Overstreet I ever bought and I can’t believe it was 30 years ago. Plus that Marvel birthday cover is just amazing $5-15
18. The Freshmen #1 – created by the coolest actor of our generation, Seth Green. This series was created in 2005 from Top Cow Comics, maybe it gets optioned one day, but copies are cheap and it is a good read. $5
19. Amazing Spider-man #14 Wizard Ace Edition– remember when Wizard put out sweet reprints with the shiny covers? I believe this will be a great one to spec on. Reprints the first Green Goblin. The Goblin or Norman will be in the new movies as Sony always goes to the Goblin why, why, w.t.f. but I am now chasing Wizard Ace editions. $10-20
20. All Star Comics #3 Millennium Edition – Comes in a regular or Chrome cover. Most people cannot afford the first appearance of JSA but can afford to read it in these more affordable reprints. Still collectible and have gone up in price since it came out.
Once again thanks for reading. Thanks for listening and thanks for
helping me make my dreams come true.
until next time
blind adam out