Mel V’s Variant Picks of the Week for 10/19/16

What Up Chu? Mel V. here with the variants of the week… Shush… has it been a week already. Kind of a quiet week for variants, however, the show must go on. SO LETS GET INTO THE GETTIN INTO

s-l1600
KISS Vol 3 #1 Cover M Incentive Shouri Demon Emoji Virgin Cover – Who’s not a fan of Gene Simmons and the Demon. This is a cute, evil rendition

s-l500
Black Panther Vol 6 #7 Cover F Incentive Cosplay Variant Cover (Marvel Now Tie-In) – This one is so bad, so very bad, it could be sought after. If I see one for cheap I will get one

s-l500-2
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat #11 Cover B Variant Champions Cover (Marvel Now Tie-In) – Small spec play here. If Agents of Shield is around long enough to see a live action Ms Marvel appearance meet up with Ghost Rider, this would be the 1st time, if I’m not mistaken, they have appeared on cover together

s-l1600-2

Civil War II Kingpin #4 Cover B Variant Kyle Baker Cover – Borderline T-Shirt worthy. Love the savage beating Kingpin is giving out

This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Mel V’s Variant Picks of the Week for 10/19/16

I am going to avoid the Black Panther cosplay, it’s that awful. I can’t believe anyone would spend the $21.25 at Midtown for that thing..

No love for any of the Infamous Ironman covers?

3. cjsipe says:

Yeah after the Silk cosplay went nuts, midtown bumped the price to $20+. crazy if you ask me! I bought the Black Panther one though! lol and the Punisher last week.

4. larry doherty says:

After last years cosplay’s tanked, NOBODY ordered qty on these.
    Squirrel Girl & any others with nice set of ‘fun bags” on the cover should do fantastic.
    I spit coffee out my nose when I saw that Panther. That dudes a real cos-player. Hilarious.

Wish I had a picture but:
    EVIL DEAD 2 REVENGE OF DRACULA ONE SHOT Free/Promotional copy
    One per shop. Insane cover.
    Cult classic property w die-hard fans.
    Could be $$

Marvel Now DEODATO TEASER Variants are so clean & elegant, I want to collect them.
    Marvel really shoots themselves in the foot sometime with their solicitation process, NO art available, so retailers often pass. White covers are a Mo-Fo for high grade too.
    Only 1/10’s but they’re pretty clean / sharp looking books.

There’s a My Little Pony Trump parody cover this week too.
    I love my ponies…

5. Miecree Cannon says:

Thanks Mel!

6. Jesus says:

The black panther cosplay looks like the 1980s luchador’s costume. I see him wrestling next to El Santo or Blue Demon.

7. Gota check the invoices for that Evil Dead/Dracula book!

8. Howie says:

Got the KISS Cover M for cover price. My personal favorite is the Francavilla variant. Anyone that’s talked variants with me for 5 minutes knows I’m a Francavilla fan. I’m taking a liking to the Rebirth Bermejo variants too. He just has a way with Harley that I truly dig.

I saw that Black Panther cover for $5.99 at one shop I went to. I passed.

10. Wally West says:

Nice picks mel. I think the Black Panther and Iron Man hip-hop variant covers could also be ones to watch..

11. Nicc T says:

I’ll grab you one of those BP cosplay covers in about a month from the dollar bin. Or are you talking it up because it’s you behind that mask?