This should be good: J Scott Campbell 1:100 Venom #3 Variant

J Scott Campbell put up an image of A Venom sketch he is working on. The work in progress I hear is a 1:100 variant for Venom #3. Can’t see how a Venom 1:100 by J Scott Campbell would be something you could go wrong with if you got it cheap enough.

15 Responses to This should be good: J Scott Campbell 1:100 Venom #3 Variant

1. Elvi says:

Good luck finding it! How many stores will order 100 copies of a #3 issue?

Midtown. There will be a scramble for this one and I do bet that some stores will order 100 copies to get it.

• Elvi says:

Well, sure Midtown. But how many “local” LCSes will? It will be priced high. Frankie’s has it at $270.

That seems about what the cost would be. Figure they have to order 100 copies of a book they may/may not move. $3.99-discount x 100 = $270. Not saying all lcs’ will get it. Pretty sure my local will and it will be a fight to get a copy.

• Elvi says:

But I’ve seen 1:100s go for $40-70. $270 is just insane. I really like JSC, but DANG. I could buy a nice early X-Men for $270.

Oh I am not saying but it at that price. My LCS sells 1:100 for $29-$49 the day of release.

• Elvi says:

Yeah, $30-50 is MUCH more reasonable. But heck, I had to pay $60 for the 1:25 RNV this week. So I can only imagine what this one will be priced at, if they get it!

• loki says:

I cannot see how this one will be had for under $100 to $200. I have one hopefully secured in that price range and honestly a JSC 1:100 venom will probably sell for stupid money in short term. If you can get one for sub $100 you have won a lottery from a shop that is honestly leaving decent money on the table. Depending on how the cover shakes out this could hit silly numbers quick, especially graded.

I wonder if Venom will end up looking like MJ and have her booty as well.. 😛

3. jclu007 says:

Quiet, Ginger!

4. Jesus says:

Called my local shop a little while ago to see if he was going to get it. Cuz he always orders heavy on Marvel, he said no cuz he still has a bunch of #1 that he needs to get rid off.