Image Comics is pleased to present the never-before-reprinted parody of the company’s formation—SPLITTING IMAGE.

unnamed
This 80-page title by Don Simpson with with colors by Hilary Jenkins, skewers the Image Comics company formation and pokes fun at the artists who founded it.

“We thought the occasion of our 25th Anniversary was as good a time as any to revisit our past with tongue planted firmly in cheek and sense of humor in tact!” said co-founder and Image Comics partner and Vice-President Jim Valentino. “A piece of history at your fingertips (now go wash your hands!)”

SPLITTING IMAGE will also feature tons of special bonus content that fans won’t want to miss out on, including: the normalman-MEGATON MAN SPECIAL by Simpson, co-founder and Image Comics partner and Vice-President Jim Valentino, Larry Marder, and Bob Burden.

You can see the original one shot here

SPLITTING IMAGE (Diamond Code FEB170579) will hit stores on Wednesday, April 26th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, March 27th.

11 Responses to IMAGE COMICS TO REPRINT HILARIOUS COMPANY ORIGIN STORY—SPLITTING IMAGE—IN CELEBRATION OF 25TH ANNIVERSARY

1. Jesus says:

Sounds interesting. I’ll be getting my copy.

2. Barry W says:

Originals dead cheap on eBay. $7.99 for this and a couple of bonus bits and bobs seems high. Not one to spec on I reckon…

No. These trade paper backs are readers. Splitting Image was one of the first books I picked up when I got back into comics in the 90’s. Been going strong ever since.

• Shines says:

Quarter box items for sure. I still see these pop up at Dollar Tree stores.

Oh absolutely. They are cramming additional stuff into it because there is no way they can charge $7.99 for a one shot that you can find for a quarter.

Oh definitely. They had to cram in additional stuff because they know they can’t charge $8 for something you can find for a quarter.

3. Richard Mcbee says:

What about the original signed/numbered *Don Simpson* ashcans?

$7.99? Meh, I’ll pass. The additional info is the stuff I don’t really care about..

5. blind adam the comicpimp says:

really they reprinted this?? why? 25 yers of history and this gets a reprint . and Iwonder what stuff is being jammed in. I have twenty copies somewhere in a fifty cent box . would prefere a coffie talbe book explain the rich history of image comics or hell yes bring back the #awesomesauce image candy bar as I speculated on it when I managed a store back in the day blind adam out