THE SOUTHERN VAMPIRES IN SKYBOUND’S REDNECK WILL PUT TRUE BLOOD TO SHAME

Donny Cates (GOD COUNTRY) teams up with artist Lisandro Estherren and colorist Dee Cunniffe for an all-new Southern vampire series—REDNECK—set to launch this April from Image Comics/Skybound Entertainment.unnamed-2

The Bowmans are vampires who have quietly run the local barbecue joint in their small town for years, living off cow’s blood. Their peaceful coexistence ends as generations of hate, fear, and bad blood bubble to the surface—making it impossible to separate man from monster!

Redneck is truly a dream come true for me as a storyteller, and to be able to tell this story on a stage as nice as Skybound and Image have given us? I don’t think it gets better than that,” said Cates. “Redneck is deeply personal for me, and I think will be for a lot of people out there as well. It’s a story about a family’s quest to turn themselves into more than the monsters they’ve always been. To find a little peace in a world that hates them. It ain’t gonna be easy, and it’s sure as hell gonna be bloody. But it might just be the best time you’ve ever had reading a book about vampires!”

REDNECK serves up the tale—of a different kind—of family just trying to get by, deep in the heart of Texas.

REDNECK #1 (Diamond Code FEB170570) hits stores on Wednesday, April 19th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, March 27th.

11 Responses to THE SOUTHERN VAMPIRES IN SKYBOUND’S REDNECK WILL PUT TRUE BLOOD TO SHAME

1. Andrew Cantrell says:

Going to have to check this one out. Being a southerner I loved the early Tru blood stuff, but quickly got bored. Hopefully this will be something awesome!

2. Jesus says:

I’m all in on this series.

As soon as I saw the image for the first cover I said I’m in, even before I read the article. I did read the article though.

4. Jesus says:

It does have a nice cover.

5. Vann says:

I don’t know about this this one—another “supernatural” whatever in Texas. Are most of the comic buyers/collectors in Texas now? Seems overly concentrated…..

The funny thing is, and it’s a true story swear to god, I sell more comics to people in Texas than anywhere else.

• JayClue says:

I live in Toronto, Canada, and I send a lot of comics down to the lone star state too. I Get buyers from Jersey/New York, Cali, Texas and Florida a lot.

I get a lot from Arizona. Never sold a comic to South Dakota, which furthers my conspiracy theory there is no South Dakota!

6. The Authority says:

I used to live in Houston and Corpus Christi. Both were great comic towns. I believe this particular writer lives in Texas so I’m sure he is pulling from his own barbecue/vampire experiences. Lol.

At any rate, he is on a nice little roll and God Country has earned him at least a 1st issue buy. Looking forward to it 😉