Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for Delivery 2/1/17

What up CHU? ..Mel V. coming live from my staycation. I went hunting through the fine city of New York yesterday and today looking for variants and man it is rough out there. Tomorrow is another day and we have some pretty good ones lined up so lets get into it

Bullseye #1 Cover C Variant Marco Checchetto Connecting Cover – Checchetto is on fire and this connecting cover set is going to look great when its done

Bullseye #1 Cover G Incentive Bill Sienkiewicz Variant Cover – another 1:50, this one by Bill Sienkiewiz is starting to catch fire on the Bay

Monsters Unleashed #2 Cover G Incentive Marvel Future Fight Variant Cover – for those who like the Queen of the Inhumans this is pretty sweet

Planet Of The Apes Green Lantern #1 Cover F Incentive Felipe Massafera Spectrum Virgin Variant Cover – Yet another one of the “I dunno why I like it I just do covers” (see Thunderbolts #7). Planet of the Apes Green Lantern… people like weird matchups. Could be a sleeper

Star Wars Darth Maul #1 Cover G Incentive Mark Brooks Variant Cover – Mark Brooks you creative son of a gun. He really nailed the look of Darth Maul..loving this

10 Responses to Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for Delivery 2/1/17

I’ve got 2 set’s of those connecting covers coming my way, can’t wait for them to all be released.

I really like that Brooks variant but I’m not paying over cover for it. So I hope it’s available, at my local shop..

• hohohoho1 says:

Good luck with that, brooks covers sell for 10-30x cover price, last week’s deadpool 25 I bought for $40 and flipped for $100+, this one won’t have the demand of deadpool but I’m guessing $30-40.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Well, it helps that my local shop doesn’t sell any variants above cover price. So my chances are greater than most but it depends on whether they:

a) get them and they’re available
        b) put out on the shelf and not in someone’s pull folder
        c) i’m faster than the other people who are regulars at open time each Wednesday

🙂

Didn’t snag the Brooks as they didn’t have it but did land a nice Rafael Albuquerque Variant though for cover price. 🙂

3. Dan Piercy says:

The Cornelius Action Figure for POTA/GL is pretty killer and I’m sick of action figure variants.

4. Andrew Cantrell says:

the Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern had several good variants so I’m glad one of them made the list.