IMAGE COMICS’ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX TO HIT STORES THIS JULY

In celebration of Image Comics’ 25th Anniversary, Image Comics is printing 1,992 blind boxes in commemoration of the company’s founding year in 1992. The IMAGE COMICS 25th ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX will be available in comic stores on July 19th.
Each IMAGE COMICS 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX will contain an assortment of 25 polybagged comics comprised of 17 all-new 2017 series and featuring limited edition variant covers only available in this box. Each comic will be bagged in opaque black poly to keep every comic a surprise.

Each box may include a randomized mix of the following variants:

25th anniversary variant cover

B&W 25th anniversary cover

Virgin 25th anniversary cover

Virgin B&W 25th anniversary cover

Blank wraparound sketch cover

Extremely rare sketch covers drawn by each series artists—25 copies per series of the 17 selected launches

Exclusive THE WALKING DEAD: HERE’S NEGAN! #1 limited to 500 copies—the first 24 pages of Negan’s origin story printed in single-issue-format for the first and only time.

Retailers interested in ordering the IMAGE COMICS 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX must use Diamond Code MAR170900.

One of the rare Ig Guara ROSE #1 sketch covers that could appear in your BLIND BOX.

One of the rare Geoff Shaw GOD COUNTRY #1 sketch covers that could appear in the BLIND BOX.

One of the rare Leandro Fernandez OLD GUARD #1 sketch covers that could appear in the BLIND BOX.

27 Responses to IMAGE COMICS’ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX TO HIT STORES THIS JULY

1. john dye says:

Wow!!! What’s the price I wonder?

2. Bill says:

Interesting. .. I see Image seems to also be following this new trend of color, b&w, virgin trifecta just as the store variants are doing. Limiting the Negan to a mere 500 copies just seals the copycat approach.

3. L.E.B. says:

$125 is the retailers COST. And limited to 1992? There will be some SERIOUS allocations. These will be a MINIMUM $200.00 retail.

4. Giuseppe says:

Anyone doing this… 125$ for a shot at thst Megan books seems high…

5. John Oppliger says:

Seems like a pretty good deal for folks that have the cash to spare. At list price it’s only $5 per comic (all limited to no more than 1,992 copies printed) with decent odds of getting an original art sketch cover.

6. Louie says:

Wow, I am very interested. Those are decent odds of getting something special. I may just preorder

7. Richard Sean says:

I’m really thinking about this as well. Just wonder how well the comics will come polybagged. My previous experience with polybagged comics have been hit or miss. With the bags sometimes being too tight and causing spine damage/other kinds of damage to the comic.

That I understand. Too tight and the book can be ruined. Too loose and it banks around inside the box during shipping and is ruined. At $7.35 a variant though…… it might be worth the gamble.

Sent from my iPhone

8. JT Rodgers says:

Out of the 1992 boxes, odds are 425 contain an original sketch cover. Roughly

9. Steven Garza says:

I just ordered one from ComicXposure with the discount. I dont see how you could lose money on this one. You get 25 books for 125 bucks plus some of them are going to be some of the rarer virgin and b/w versions plus a very good chance of getting a sketch. Go to any comic con and you are gonna pay minimum 100 bucks for a sketch cover of a decent artist so this is a no brainer for me. My only worry is that it doesnt come out til July so that is lot of time for ComicXposure to maybe realize they dont have enough to fill my order and return my money at the last minute and I am stuck paying the huge mark up that will happen as it gets closer. Anybody here have any experience with this company. I have never used them before. Do they always fill the orders or do they sometimes not get their allocations when it is something hot?

10. Steven Garza says:

it says 25 polybagged comics of 17 different series so if I were to guess you will get 17 of the regular issue stuff and the other 8 books will be either variants, sketches or the Negan book.

11. blind adam the comicpimp says:

sounds like a sweet deal. megan equals money blind adam out

12. Richard Sean says:

Looks like they’re out of stock on comicxposure now.

13. Howie says:

Out of stock at Comicxposure is confirmed. New leads definitely appreciated.

14. Lonzilla says:

All 3 of my Black Friday boxes a couple years ago were complete crap. I don’t trust my luck with these :/

15. L.E.B. says:

its going to be solicitation in the new diamond catalog in March. The COST to the retailer will be $125.00. Meaning you will pay a MINIMUM of $150.00 (if you’re lucky). Every retailer WILL be allocated. If there are 1992 boxes and about 3000 diamond accounts, the odds of your store receiving more than ONE are against them.

I am going to TRY to order 10. If I get ONE, I’ll be lucky