The Black Order to be in Avengers: Infinity War

Comicbook.com had an interesting story that might pan out for speculators. The article speaks on the actor Terry Notary who mentioned who he may be playing in the Avengers movie.

The story alleges that actor Terry Notary will be playing Glaive. Glaive first appears in Infinity #1 FCBD. He is also a member of The Black Order, which first appears in New Avengers #8 (Vol. 3). New Avengers #8 (Vol. 3) has been on a selling frenzy on eBay today.

From Comicbook.com

While we’ve known that Thanos would be a formidable threat when he goes against Earth’s Mightiest Heroes (and some Galaxy Guardians) in Avengers: Infinity War, it looks like they’ll have their hands full when the Mad Titan brings a few henchman along as well.

While speaking with THR about working motion capture on the film Kong: Skull Island, actor Terry Notary revealed that he’s also playing a role in the next big Marvel Studios franchise crossover.

Notary said that the character is “truly evil” during the discussion and gave an even bigger hint.

“I’m working on four characters right now. I’m working with Josh Brolin and three other actors [in Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War], and I’m playing Josh Brolin’s right hand bad guy in the film.”

Now, Thanos has had a few different followers over the years but the most notable and official came in 2013’s Infinity event from Jonathan Hickman, Jim Cheung, Jerome Opeña, Dustin Weaver, Mike Deodato, and Leinil Francis Yu.

The Black Order, also known as the Cull Obsidian, consisted of Proxima Midnight, Supergiant, Ebony Maw, Black Dwarf, and Corvus Glaive.

Glaive was considered Thanos’ “lieutenant” in the series, and based on Notary’s hints, that might be the role he is playing.

10 Responses to The Black Order to be in Avengers: Infinity War

1. Gabriel Cruz says:

Last year, I bought as many as copies as I could get my hands on of this book. MY LCS owner was trying to figure out why.. Now he knows. I’ve got about 12 or 13 put away. 🙂

2. Lonzilla says:

Don’t forget about those Infinity 1:50 variants by Opena. Each character from The Black Order is featured solo, very affordable for now

Yeah. Those are surprisingly cheap considering the ratio and the artist. You just have me a good story idea though.

• Lonzilla says:

Issue #2 with the Glaive 1:50 variant is by Jim Cheung and is cheap cheap, a definite keeper in my book.
        Raided the bins today, found several copies of New Avengers #8, didn’t pay more than cover for any of them. So nice having a day off for a change to be able to go out hunting!

3. OCguy72 says:

Yeah, check your local comic shops. Found them at mine for cover still.

I looked at one shop. Need to run out to another local and check. Can say there is one local comic shop I will not be checking as I will just be over charged for a book that will just be sitting on their shelf.

Sent from my iPhone

4. rm says:

I picked up NA #8 and Inhumans 1-8 Lee/ Jenkins run for $1.00 ea….not bad.

5. Alkis Macrozonaris says:

Hey what about Infinity #3 1:75 Generals variant. I believe Glaive is on that cover as well and it is a 1:75 of a later numbered issued with no doubt a lesser print run.

You guys think that issue can heat up? Worth a buy?

6. Pingback: Corvus Glaive will Appear in Avengers Infinity War | COMICSHEATINGUP.NET