God Country Continues to Sell Out at Diamond, #4 Goes Back for 2nd Print

The fourth issue of the bestselling series GOD COUNTRY by Donny Cates (REDNECK) and Geoff Shaw is being rushed back to print in order to keep up with overwhelming customer demand. The second print will feature a recolored Shaw and Wordie Cover A.

In GOD COUNTRY, Emmet Quinlan, an old widower rattled by dementia, isn’t just a problem for his children—his violent outbursts are more than the local cops can handle. When a tornado levels his home—as well as the surrounding West Texas town—a restored Quinlan rises from the wreckage. The enchanted sword at the eye of the storm gives him more than a sound mind and body, however. He’s now the only man who can face the otherworldly creatures the sword has drawn down to the Lone Star State…

GOD COUNTRY #4 2nd printing (Diamond Code MAR178109), GOD COUNTRY #5 Cover A by Shaw (Diamond Code MAR170751), Cover B by Zaffino (Diamond Code MAR170752), Cover C SPAWN (Diamond Code FEB178676), and Cover D SPAWN B&W (Diamond Code MAR178020) will be available on Wednesday, May 17th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, April 24th.

16 Responses to God Country Continues to Sell Out at Diamond, #4 Goes Back for 2nd Print

Donny Cates did confirm that #1 4th print is the final print on #1 though. He said Image said we’re done, stores should have gotten their orders in but they’ve had enough. I guess Image doesn’t like money.. cause I don’t know about you but more printings = more money. Oh well. Donny did say the others will see more printings…

• Richard Sean Guevara says:

The real question is will there be a 2nd series for God Country? I know it’s a mini-series but man they can expand on this so much more.

Crap.. I totally meant to ask him that too and forgot cause we got caught up talking about other things.

• A. King says:

No more printings, that means more demand for the previous prints. So it could be a good thing to help them hold value.

• Richard Sean says:

Dropping the ball there poyo! Maybe if he does a signing for Babyteeth when it comes out in June you can ask then?

Yes…. I will try to remember and I’m hoping he’ll be in town for that release as well……. Cause you know what that means, another giveaway. 🙂

2. Richard Cuello says:

I think in the long term. This series will hold its value. So many printings of every issue. Legendary.

I think you have a typo on the headline.

3. Jesus says:

Still holding on to my copies of #1 1st print both A&B and second prints of #1. Hopefully it keeps getting this attention so that prices can go up. And poyo, I might have you get these books sign for me coming June lol.