JJ’s Comics and Art Release Babyteeth #1 Variant

Out friends over at JJ’s Comics and Art sent these over for us. They are releasing a pair of variants for Babyteeth #1. Check them out below.

Featuring Art by Phil Hester, who did the awesome Mindbender Variant, and comes in color and a set of color and black and white.

The color (pink cove) is limited to 300 copies and the black and white (blue spot cover) is limited to 100 copies. The set also includes a Phil Hester signed print in the set, which is limited to 100 copies.

The Babyteeth variant comes out June 7th, but are available for pre-order at JJ’s Comics and Art now.

22 Responses to JJ’s Comics and Art Release Babyteeth #1 Variant

1. Jonathan hoffman says:

I like the color rattle on the black and white

2. zspencer says:

Having so many variants for this book makes me a little nervous to take a chance on it.

• JayClue says:

Ditto. A local shop that i frequent informed about their store variant about a week ago. I passed on the offer as there seems to be a lot of buzz about this book, and Im not so sure it will sneak up on anybody. I may buy a copy or two of that stores variant on release day, but I am not preordering anything for this title other than my reader copy.

• JC says:

My bet is that the Ashcan is the way to go on this. Not sure how many were made, however. But I like that it is distinct from the numerous store variants. Unfortunately, the ashcan is hard to find and expensive on eBay.

I was sad that my LCS that hooks me up on all of these didn’t get one.

• JC says:

That being said. I will still buy the store variants (such as the one in this post). I read issue #1 and it is very good. Worth the hype.

Yes. 100% true. The book is good!

Issue 2 is better than the first. I cannot wait for the 3rd issue.

I’m sticking with the Regular Cover A and B for this one. If it does heat up and becomes flip worthy, like all books with a bazillion variants, the regular covers are sought out before the store specific variants.

• JC says:

I have seen a few instances where cover B (Torque variant) is a 1:10 ratio. Haven’t been able to validate.

• Richard Sean says:

I think as far as speculation ship has sailed. But I’m still looking to grab some of the regular covers for PC. Donny Cates has yet to disappoint lately. So until he does at the very least I’ll continue to support him and his work for PC. Something I have to constantly remind myself is, just because a comic may not have “value” in the secondary market doesn’t mean it’s worthless. I’m still expecting a good read so 👍

It’s a good read.. I got spoiled in having read #1 and #2 like Anthony.. it shouldn’t disappoint. 🙂

• Richard Sean says:

Poyo are you an insider or something LOL 😂😂😂

But seriously I’m looking forward to more of Donny Cates. Speaking of which maybe I should read God Country 5 already haha

3. knross says:

Yeah the variants for this comic is getting a little out of hand…

4. Vann says:

Is it just me or are most of the variant covers for Babyteeth awful?

• zspencer says:

I haven’t found one that really jumps out at me, but I don’t know that they’re ‘awful’.

Though, I can be fairly picky about the variants I buy. I lean more toward virgin variants with sub 200 print runs.

5. JJ says:

Hey everyone!
    Thanks for the discussion! There are some variants for the book.
    I can tell you the minimum for the first variant was 300 or more and if you wanted another it was 100 minimum.
    We were able to be allowed to add a mini print limited to 100 signed by Phil this weekend. I wanted to add it as a bonus.
    Aftershock is an absolute pleasure to work with and they are going to continue to grow. The way they talk to retailers, offer give-aways and show great enthusiasm and respect about their books and give people a shot in this industry.
    Anyways, been a long day but I hope everyone enjoys!
    The concept was mine (I have the original drawing to prove it lol) and Phil really put it all together.
    This can obviously be a tough cover to put together because a baby is involved and I wanted to try and keep it a little less hellfire and brimstone, but that’s just me! And yes, the eyes being shaded and on fire were my #1 request!
    Love to all!

6. emiobeg says:

I’m sticking to the regular and Torque variant. In my opinion I would pursue the Ashcan before any store variants.

7. B.H. says: