Tom Hardy Cast as Venom

Looks like we are getting the Venom stand-alone movie next year. Negotiations are being finalized to get Tom Hardy as Venom. With the casting of an older actor than the cast of the upcoming Spider-Man Homecoming, one has to wonder how they will connect Eddie Brock to the rebooted Spider-Man movies.

Wonder what this will do to the beast that Amazing Spider-Man #300 already is. There has been a lot of sales on the book today already.

Originally Comicbook.com had a story saying he was in the final negotiations for Venom.

Tom Hardy is making the jump from DC Comics to Marvel Comics in live-action form. The man best known as Bane from The Dark Knight Rises has been cast as Venom in the upcoming Sony Pictures film.

Hardy, who was recently nominated for an Academy Award following his work in The Revenant, is in final negotiations to star as Venom (Eddie Brock) in the self-titled film set for release on October 5, 2018.

But later came out and said he has been cast.

A new tweet from Sony Pictures captioned, “Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018. Production starts this fall,” we get our first look at Tom Hardy sporting some Venom gear. Though it’s not quite the costume, he is at least confirming his excitement by wearing a Venom t-shirt.

21 Responses to Tom Hardy Cast as Venom

1. Richard Guevara says:

Man I was hoping he’d be the next wolverine but I’ll take him as Venom. This gives me some hope in the film, at first I was a little put off by the news it was be more of a “sci fi horror” but this good news.

2. Jesus says:

Ah man I should of gotten my ASM 300 when the prices where low.

• Alana says:

Missed that bus by about 7years when Nm went for $50-$75

• JayClue says:

Im on the other end of that. I bought my copy about 3 months ago. I paid $550 CDN for a CGC 9.6. If I had not got that book when i did, Im not so sure I would have ever gotten one. I came across another raw copy in a back issue bin at a store last week. It wasnt in the best shape, maybe a 7, and they wanted $300 CDN.

• J. Coleman says:

I bought it straight off the comic rack back in the day..Should’ve bought more..

• OC_Guy says:

Hey, at least you got one for cover price! That’s freakin awesome..I didn’t start collecting ASM until #302 and they wanted 10 whole dollars for it by then so I put it on the back burner… In the early 2k’s the book was regularly pushing past the $50…That’s when I jumped on board.

I bought my first one at a 7-11 comic spinner.

Kinda f’s up the whole spidey reboot, would of been easy for Peter Parker to bring the symbiote suit home after Infinity War. But old Eddie Brock that already some how gets the symbiote suit doesn’t make much if any sense when it comes to rebooting Spiderman in high school.

• Alana says:

If they were going to cast someone older, I would of gone with Brock Lesnar just don’t let him talk much maybe bring in Paul Heyman to speak for him lol

• Alana says:

Tom Hardy made a bad Bane, the voice and he’s skinny nothing like Bane. I swear if they make a skinny tweeker Venom again I will burn my copy of ASM #300

• Richard Sean says:

Tom Hardy is a good actor though, at least I’ve liked him for the most part. Think a lot of it will fall on the script/director. I mean look at some of the X-Men movies. Some were absolute stinkers and some were pretty good.

• OC_Guy says:

have arnold schwarzenegger do his voiceovers

• OC_Guy says:

That would have made sense..wonder if they will go with the Ultimate Spiderman origin

4. Jesus says:

Agreed no tweeker venom please LMAO

I like most of his movies, so I’ll most likely see this.

6. OC_Guy says:

Nice! Picked up 9.6 years ago for I think $79.

7. blind adam the comicpimp says:

lets not forget all the other venom keys as well web of spiderman #18 #300 chrome #300 mini wallmart #300 nagna falls edition #315-317 secret wars #8 the black spidermans ecret wars figure mint in package witch has the final page of secret wars on the back of the package . the spiderman vs venom trade that has the first reprint of amazing spiderman #300 amazizing spiderman visionaries todd macfarline volume 1 another #300 reprint that is out of print . the todd macfarline oni bust . and lets not player hate on tom hardeys bane I love the voice of bane . but lets hope for a decent movie as this makes no sense then sony makes no sense with spiderman blind adam the comicpimp out

• OC_Guy says:

Yeah, that Chrome one keeps going up..Never understood why since it is a reprint made what, ten years later? I guess the print run was small?

• Alana says:

I have the original secret Wars toy unopened, it’s technically first Venom toy.