Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for 5/31/17

What Up CHU? Mel V. here with your weekly variant picks. Vacation is over, back to buying variants and other comic related things. I picked a light week to come back, only a couple of variants on my list. My wallet is happy.

Cable Vol 4 #1 Cover G Incentive Adam Kubert Variant Cover (Resurrxion Tie-In) – Cable should be heating back up soon, this 1:50 should attract some attention. Buy on the low. I wouldn’t speed the farm on this one, listings are high for this one on eBay $69.99 – $74.99

Flash Vol 5 #23 Cover B Variant Howard Porter Cover – Howard Porter has some great Flash covers coming up. Love the art on this cover, selling for cover on eBay

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2017 Annual #1 Cover B Incentive Dan Mora Virgin Variant Cover – this is a FANTASTIC cover. One of the best power ranger covers I’ve seen.. nothing to dramatic just great detail and use of color and positions. I was drawn to this cover as soon as I seen it. Stellar work.. This is going on a T-Shirt. $14.99 on eBay.

Like I said its very slim pickings this week L… interesting to note Blood Bowl and Little Nightmares are sold out at Midtown

6 Responses to Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for 5/31/17

1. Jesus says:

That MMPR is a nice cover.

Midtown still has them available too for $12.75 after their 15% discount. It’s MMPR and it’s an Annual.. wait a few weeks or months and you’ll find it around cover price me thinks..

2. JayClue says:

Nice Use of colours on the MMPR? The pink ranger is pink, the green ranger is green, black ranger is black…on a field of black. I don’t think the artist had much choice as to what colours they used. Lol. 🤔😉

• melthemovieguy says:

LOL its how he used the colors he was given ..color placement is key …

• JayClue says:

I know. I just found it humerous given that all the characters are colour drivin. 😉 .cheers.

check it out next to a chromawheel (I think that is what it is called). It shows contrasting colors and colors that go well together. Granted, the color of the rangers are what they are, but the lay out is great.