Batman #24 goes back for a second printing…. And a third printing

Batman #24 was the hottest book of last week. So hot, in fact, it became the #1 trending item on eBay.

One week before its in store date, the second printing BATMAN #24 is already sold out at DC – and now, this pivotal issue, in which Bruce Wayne proposes marriage to Selina Kyle, is going back to press for a new, third printing!

Second Print Variant                                           Third Print Cover

BATMAN #24 Third Printing will reprint the story by Tom King with art by David Finch, Danny Miki, Clay Mann and Seth Mann. It will feature a black and white version of the original cover by David Finch and Danny Miki.

From my understanding, the third print will not be order-able through Diamond, stores will have to contact their Diamond Rep in order to get them. These will be missed over by a lot of retailers, so be sure to ask your retailer.

26 Responses to Batman #24 goes back for a second printing…. And a third printing

1. Brian Springman says:

Just a heads up… we were able to put an order through at the shop a little bit ago. We were able to order copies on the computer without having to contact the rep.

But we’re contacting the rep tomorrow just to be sure.

Which shop? It was my understanding it does not show up on Diamond as orderable. I hit my LCS up as they missed the email from diamond. Must get these.

• Brian Springman says:

I put that order in while at my buddy’s shop today. I just got off the phone with another shop in the area and he was able to order a few more right through the Diamond system online.

Does he have the Diamond POS Register or ordering from a computer. I posted the images of the emails my retailer got. In fact I know there is a conversation going on by retailers on how to order this. Looks like there is a glitch in the Diamond system that will need to be fixed tomorrow.

• Vann says:

I just ordered through my shop and it does show up on ComicSuite for Diamond……

Interesting. I will need to get my retailer to double check. He said they were showing earlier but not orderable.

Sent from my iPhone

Check out the image I just put up.

Vann check your email as the image I put up is from Diamonds response to the order we just tried to place.

2. Butch S. says:

That third print is sweet looking

3. Vann says:

Sometimes books show up on the system, but aren’t orderable just yet—-they have the coding etc, but you cannot action orders. This might have been one of those times…..

4. Jesus says:

Why are people going crazy over this book? It’s just a proposal. In my opinion issue 25 or 26 would be the one to get since that’s where we get the answer and possibly a mirage. Just my opinion.

I still don’t get it either. They were married long ago on Earth 2 and no one cares about that book, as with most marriage issues.

Yes, Blind Adam had the wedding issue on one of his Hidden Gems a while back. But this one has caught people’s attention

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:14 PM, COMICSHEATINGUP.NET wrote:

Because some people allow the media to think for them… Media makes a big deal about it, it must be a big deal and a must pickup.

6. Vann says:

Thanks for the heads up Tony—just got home and received these updates—I’ll follow up tomorrow with the LCS….if I am told anything different, I’ll certainly share it with you all…..

7. JayClue says:

The big deal is, that the book is selling on the after market for 5x its cover. Don’t worry about why this is happening, just jump on for the ride.

8. Lonzilla says:

It will be so funny if she say “no”

9. David Billadeau says:

I contacted DCBS, where I order my comics from, and asked if they had 2nd and 3rd printings available to order. I just got a response and the 2nd printing is no longer available, but the third printing is!

• David Billadeau says:

I contacted customer service, you may have to contact them in order to get it.

• Yeah, 95% of the time they do not list additional printings or variants of books, you have to message them directly to inquire. I haven’t looked at this month’s listings yet, but they’ve got to start offering the Image Comics themed variants because they DO order them, they just don’t list them on the website.