Wednesday Winner: Batman Elmer Fudd #1

It is nice to pick up your comics on Wednesday. It is even nicer when those comics are going for a couple of times cover price by the end of the week. Batman Elmer Fudd #1 is one of those books.

No kidding, I know what you re thinking, but yes, Batman Elmer Fudd #1 is heating up.

Copies of #1A Cover have sold for as high as $30, with copies now selling for around $10. The Bob Finger Variant have sold for as high as $20 recently. Sets of A and B are selling for around $30 currently.

53 Responses to Wednesday Winner: Batman Elmer Fudd #1

1. Cyber Golem says:

Amazing!!

2. tim says:

Picked one up at lcs this afternoon!

I passed on this yesterday, but I’ll be on the lookout tomorrow.

4. Derek says:

Who would have thunk it??

5. Fredo says:

Would love to see the weekly winner a week from now.

6. Never fails to amaze me that the comics I hold off on buying online tend to do this. I figured I would give it several days and put it in with my order lol Congrats to those who got copies!

7. Richard Sean Guevara says:

I sold two and have six more of these. Haven’t moved any today after buying the six this morning. So we’ll see how it turns out. I’m surprised that one single issue of cover A went for $28 while there were many cheaper options out there at the same time.

8. Jorge "wabbit season" Navarro says:

Ohhhhh that wascally Bat….picked up 4…first speck I got right in a while….had six in the cart but was afraid this would be an Elmer Dudd…..

9. JayClue says:

completely out of left field. I preordered this from my LCS, then left it in my pull slot for next week. I skeptical to go out and buy more to try and flip.

10. JayClue says:

With this book doing so well, I am surprised the other Looney Tunes cross overs did nothing. Especially the WW Taz book. Batman sells comics.

• Richard Sean Guevara says:

I haven’t read one yet, I may take one listing down so I can keep one. But the reviews have been positive for the book. Plus Tom Kings work as a whole on Batman has been good, so I think that helps.

11. Stanley says:

Batman Elmer Fudd may be an unexpected hit. Widespread sales in market is a better indicator than the subjective opinion of people trying to predict the future. They are usually right or wrong half of the time. To reduce risk, speculators may wait until after markets tell us.

12. tim says:

I notice comics selling out ahead of Wednesdays at dreamland comics.com. Many DC variants and other titles sell out there before Wednesday. Helps if you want to speculate. I just get ideas for what I might read and see if they are on the shelf at my lcs.

13. daveyboy says:

i bought copies as well. hope this doesn’t turn into scooby too team up #12 (harley quinn) issue. hot and then cold. i never sell comics and have over 8000 in my collection….which is very small compared to others but good enough for my retirement. great website. period.

Thanks brother. You never know how things will shake out long term. I have close to 40,000 that I have been selling when things pop up as hot. Hopefully the rest will be retirement and kids college fund. Or beach house when I am tired of working.

14. tim says:

You have a big collection Daveyboy! Happy retirement indeed! Scooby-Doo and Harlequin aren’t Fudd and Batman, what I think is that there is a longer history and legacy with those characters. So could be a long term spec as well. Have to watch…

15. Shines says:

I have a copy still in my pullbox. I did bring home the Jonah Hex -Yosemite Sam issue, it was pretty good.

16. DAVEYBOY says:

youtube…..rush diehard comics….new mutants #87 is the cover…..my comic book tag top 100..sorry if its long. sit back and enjoy….thanks guys!!!!

17. Gotta give credit to Mr. Hokness too, he called this one in the spec video. He mentioned it was kind of a silly one, but these sorts of strange combination books can do well with collectors over time.

18. JayClue says:

This book is selling like hot cakes. 🤗

I sold two regulars for $14.99 and a set for $30. Not bad for $18 initial investment.

• JayClue says:

My LCS had a stack of these when I went there this morning. Ive made a nice profit off of these books today. So much so, that I decided not to go to work. Lol

Lol. How many did you sell?

And you bought one and was going to hold of until it sold.

• JayClue says:

I sold 2 sets for $32 & $34 shipped, and 2 cover A for $16 each, shipped. I have a standing offer for my 3rd and final set, but I’ll see if it sells for more before I take that offer. $100 US in sales, which works out to $130 CDN, on a $32 initial invest. Maybe I could of gone into work…lol

19. Richard Sean Guevara says:

If you guys havent read the actual book yet, I suggest you do. I enjoyed it, especially the end with Bugs Bunny in it haha.

20. Mike Fechner says:

Mike Fechner

21. Harry Ballas says:

Just picked up 3 sets while on vacation in Bethany Beach.

I did manage to get one cover a today, last one on the shelf.

23. Richard Sean Guevara says:

So it looks like my LCS raised the prices on the comic after I went in Thursday morning and picked up 6 of them. I don’t know I feel about a comic store raising prices when it hasn’t even been out a full week. This is the second time it’s happened, last time was when I bought a few extra copies of redneck (was not even speccing on it since people had a heads up on it).

• JayClue says:

I know it feels shitty, as your initial purchase was probably that LCS’ heads up on that book, but you can’t be upset at a store trying to sell its product for market value. The problem is, that store probably won’t sell any copies st their new marked up price, but had they let you buy them out, they would make money and you could make money (that you prob would spend at said store regardless). A store near me has tried that in the past. They still have copies of Black Cloud for $10 in there showcase. Lmao.

• Richard Sean Guevara says:

Problem is my LCS is such a big shop they can afford it. They did that with redneck and ended up selling out after a few weeks. So ugh. Now I got some guy who offered on my four copies of this issue and I didn’t even realize I had “or best offer” up on eBay. Lol tried getting an extra two bucks out of him and he only raising one cent each time 😂😂😂

I hate that crap. What is he offering?

• Richard Sean Guevara says:

He’s offering 11 per comic. I have 4 so 44 plus shipping. Just funny that his initial offer was 10.99 so -_-

I’ve had people start with unrealistic low ball offers. If I counter and they pull that crap by raising it by a penny or whatever, I either decline entirely or I actually counter them by raising the price by 1000% markup. I hate when people waste my time. So I either walk away or waste theirs.

Just block him. LOL