Alana’s Weekend Specs: The Fantastic 2

Aloha CHUniverse and welcome back to Weekend Specs! This week we have more current tv/film keys for you to hunt down. Straight to the jungle with a new Legends of Tomorrow spec. Also the Fantastic Kids as promised, the rereboot of the Fantastic 4 franchise. Another Spider-verse rumor for coming films. Lastly, Jared Leto in talks to play Bloodshot. Let’s Jump In!!!

Fantastic Four vol 3 #15, #50, #54 1st appearance Valeria Von Doom, Valeria Richards

So rumor has it there will be a rereboot of F4 except it’s going to focus on Valeria and Franklin Richards not the F4. Valeria has more 1st appearances then almost any character, let me explain. Valeria is first conceived in F4 vol.1 #254 then miscarried in #267. Franklin Valeria’s older brother used his powers to transfer Valeria to an alternate dimension were she was Valeria Von Doom 1st appearance F4 vol.3 #15. Franklin’s powers became depleted while saving all reality and Valeria Von Doom is reverted to a child in Invisible Woman’s womb. We first see Valeria in the womb in F4 vol.3 #50 this is considered her 1st appearance as Valeria Richards. F4 vol.3 #54 is her first full out of the womb appearance not as Valeria Von Doom. Hopefully that makes some sense.

Fantastic Four Annual #6 1st appearance Franklin Richards, Annihilus

Have written this up in the past on Weekend Specs during a cheap villain write up, back when this book was cheap. Book goes for a pretty penny now and will continue to push up if this rereboot goes through. Franklin’s power level is top tier in the Marvel Universe so the Fantastic Two could make a good story if done right.

Marvel Spotlight #32 1st appearance Spider Woman Jessica Drew

Rumor is she will be appearing in the Spider-verse movies. This book has been silently moving and gaining steam this past month. Get it now looks like it might get pricey before we even have casting news.

Showcase #66 1st appearance B’Wana Beast

Trailer for the coming season of Legends of Tomorrow shows a clip of the beast. Don’t know how big of a role he will play on Legends but this is an old book that’s cheap in high grade, might pan out down the road.

Eternal Warrior #4 1st appearance cameo Bloodshot

Jared Leto in talks to play Bloodshot is pushing this and the other books listed below up in value as of recent. I’ve been prepared for Valiant movies for awhile now and its starting to pay off. Valiant’s Harbinger #1 has gone insane already, and these Bloodshot books are no longer sitting stagnant on the market and moving for higher prices.

Rai #0 1st full Bloodshot, 1st Rai

Both this and Eternal Warrior #4 are must haves before the movie hits. Both are still reasonably priced.

Bloodshot #1 1st solo series, 1st appearance Sinclaire, 1st Iwatsu

I like this book because it has an extremely unique accolade, it’s reportedly the first Chromium cover ever.

Bloodshot #6, #7 1st appearance Ninjak, 1st in uniform

Another Valiant key, Colin King is Ninjak, I believe he will make his way into the film. Very cheap spec, why not?

So there you have it friends this weeks list to hunt down on your weekend back issue safari. The Fantastic kid Specs have plenty of room to grow even more if they put out a half decent flick. Now is the time to get on Valiant if you haven’t yet, once the movies start rolling it will be too late. So there you have it, thanks for reading and until next time happy hunting!!!

27 Responses to Alana’s Weekend Specs: The Fantastic 2

Jared Leto as Bloodshot, is he gonna grow muscles in time? You know who would make a great Bloodshot? Dwayne Johnson… fits the military type and already has the muscles.

2. OC_Guy says:

I am just not a fan of Leto. I just don’t think he is all that great of an actor. Johnson would be a good bloodshot, but definitely want to see him do Black Adam before anything else.

Also, I want an X-O Manowar movie. If done right, it would be awesome. Get a little bit of medieval times mixed with sci-fi space aliens.. heck yah!

4. OC_Guy says:

I started picking up Rai #0. Eternal Warrior #4, Bloodshot #1 &6 a while ago when they were all very cheap…even though they are still somewhat cheap now. Didn’t get tons of them but a nice handful each. Just wonder what the ceiling will be for these as the movies actually go into production and closer to release.

5. Shane says:

Love these! Thanks for the information!

6. Bobby Mansfield says:

I have always loved those chromium covers! Also didn’t I read Johnson is no longer attached to the Shazam movie?

• OC_Guy says:

It looks as though Black Adam will not be in the first Shazam movie, but rumors moved to him being the main, or one of the main protagonists in the Superman sequel…Which if true, would be even better! We’ll see.

7. Admiral Snackbar says:

1st appearance rai is magnus (1991) #5, not rai #0, yes?

8. Stanley says:

Uncertain which Valeria comics would jump in price since they are all cheap. But Fantastic Four 54 is special in featuring births of Valeria and Franklin reprint from Fantastic Four annual 6.

9. The only Valiant title I care about is Quantum & Woody… but hearing that Jared Leto will play Bloodshot, even I can see he doesn’t look anything like the character. Nowhere near big enough.

And I remember reading that run of Fantastic Four when it first came out. It was the first time I ever bought Fantastic Four on a monthly basis, since Chris Claremont was writing it. And after all of the background information was revealed about Valeria’s existence, I loved telling people “Franklin Richards got his Mom Pregnant”! Reading the back-issues of Valeria being miscarried and leading to Sue Richards’ instability, it was a pretty heart-breaking run. And in hindsight it shows that Chris Claremont again changed the ending to one of John Byrne’s stories because he probably never intended for Sue’s child to have “magically” survived the miscarriage.

10. One question I’ve posed many times that nobody can answer for me: Was Valeria Richards aged-forward at some point in the comics? I did sit out for a span of issues of Fantastic Four around the time of Hickman’s run and just previous to it. I can’t remember or did not read the issues where Valeria has become a child instead of an infant, which seems to have happened all too fast. We have situations like Illyana Rasputin, where she was a child, fell into one of her own portals to Limbo, and emerged as a teenager. Valeria went from being a baby to a child who is at least 6 years old now, and it happened way too fast. Plus, Franklin has barely aged, and he would have also needed to age 6 years further, if Valeria didn’t get aged-up artificially. Does anyone know if this has been addressed somewhere?

11. Ryan H says:

great to see some valiant love! lucky for me im a huge fan picked up the majority of those in the past, the harbinger 1 still eludes me 😦

12. blind adam the comicpimp says:

#awesomesauce Ilove franklin Richards and his kid sister. hey why not toss in dragon man and some of the other future foundation members or do a power pack movie I say lets statrt picking up power pack #1 now and the f.f. #254 are in dollar boxes as are most f.f. issues from #200 up. with very few exceptions . dam shame . and I will elive in a valant movie when it appers on my screen . leto should stickto his music . worst joker ever . #testify blind adam out

13. TopherS says: