Deadly Class Pilot Ordered

We previously reported that the Russo Brothers were adapting Deadly Class for tv. Looks like it has found a home and a pilot has been ordered.

Deadline.com is reporting that Deadly Class will go to SYFY and a pilot has been ordered. Deadly Class and associated characters first appeared in Deadly Class#1

Syfy has given a pilot order to Deadly Class, a drama series based on the graphic novel of the same name by Rick Remender and Wes Craig, with The Avengers directors Joe and Anthony Russo executive producing. The adaptation, written by Remender and Miles Feldsott, was originally put in development in summer 2016 at Sony Pictures TV Studios, which will co-produce the pilot with Syfy sibling Universal Cable Prods.

Deadly Class is a coming-of-age journey set against the backdrop of late-’80s counter culture. It follows a disillusioned teen recruited into a storied high school for assassins. Maintaining his moral code while surviving a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques, and his own adolescent uncertainties may prove fatal.

7 Responses to Deadly Class Pilot Ordered

I think I’ve #1 – #20 of this series. Hopefully it gets made and is good.

I sold my #1 – #5 long ago, made decent profit. Picked up the Trade and started buying issues again to read.

I did pick up another #1 graded though, at 9.8 for fairly cheap. Here’s to hoping SyFy does do a good job since a lot of their shows are cheesy low budget shows.

• zspencer says:

There have been quite a few great SyFy shows with high production value.

I know they tend to get a a lot of crap for doing cheesy B movies, but by and large, their series work is usually very good.

A few decent shows, none I watch myself though. I do admit though, my 11 year old loves sharks so watching all the Sharknado movies is great cheesy bonding time with the boy.. it’s just so hilariously stupid.

2. Christopher B says:

Damnit, of all the networks to pick up this show, it had to be SyFy…….well there goes any possibility of it becoming a hit and actually making a big profit off the books……still waiting on that SyFy Five Ghosts to get made :/

3. Jesus says:

Yeah SyFy does have a reputation for not keeping shows going. I was enjoying Defiance and loved paying the game. I got to meet some of the people that created the game and got the chance to play it before release date. It sucked that the show only lasted 3 seasons. I also sold my set of #1-5 for a good profit.