Greetings to my Comics Heating Up and Awesomesauce families. I would like to say thank you for reading this each and every week. As always thank you for the friendship, encouragement, advice, and support. I love being a part of this and it is the greatest blessing in my life. I hope everyone had an awesome and amazing Thanksgiving. Happy holiday season to everyone .
Nightwing A New World Order #1-4, Justice League #32, Defenders #7, and Action Comics #992 were my reads of the week. I am loving the Arrowverse Earth X crossover. The Punisher from Netflix is in my top five TV shows of 2017 and replaces my boy Daredevil for favorite Marvel live action show of all time. It is a great time for comic fans for TV shows. Now, let’s make some money with some comics because you can’t teach
1. Little Archie’s Weird Mystery #1 – Riverdale is the bomb. This is the first appearance of
Polly & Check Cooper, Betty’s brother and sister. Check will be on Riverdale later this season and maybe he is the Blackhood, who knows, but Riverdale is #awesomesauce. All Archie first apperances and keys should be bought and sold and kept and held yes yes yes, get them prices up.
2. Wizard Magazine #168 – features a Jim Lee All Star Batman and Robin cover. I am just gonna say it, All Star Batman and Robin is a great read. Is it Frank Miller’s best work? No, he has done better, but it is a fun comic book with great Jim Lee art. Jim Lee plus Batman equals money. This can be found in dollar boxes if you look hard enough happy hunting
3. Wizard Magazine #134 – Jim Lee Batman Hush preview. Bill Finger story, a must for fans of the Batman, Jim Lee, or both.
4. Daredevil #62 (Vol. 2) – This is a Jigsaw appearance, Jigsaw asks the new Kingpin of crime, Matt Murdock permission to do crime in Hell’s Kitchen. Netflix is the bomb. Daredevil Season 3, Punisher Season 1. I loved Billy Russo in season one and if the show is smart, give Billy a season off, like Daredevil did with the Kingpin this is in cheap boxes $1-$5
5. Gasm #4 – bronze age magazine featuring early James O’Barr artwork. Published in 1978, an American Heavy Metal type magazine.
6. A Caliber Christmas #1 – James O’Barr Christmas, the Crow, $20 buy in, and a new Crow movie. happy hunting
7. Amazing Heroes Swimsuit Special #1 – it seems every time I turn around I find another reason to buy this issue. Now it is James O’ Barr and a pin up of the crow. This also features Lobo and Adam Hughes. Hughes also provides the covers for Issue #4 and The Best Of issue, which is pricy on it’s own. Happy hunting.
8. Lady Death vs Purgatori #1 Wizard Ace Edition – this has classic Steven Hughes cover art, features two female leads who need more cosplay love and is only $10 one eBay WTF? snag it now
9. 52 #52 – reintroduction of the DC Multiverse, including Earth X. I am loving the Arrowverse Earth X and I am counting this as the first modern age Earth X. In dollar to five dollar boxes nationwide
10. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #6 (Volume 1) – early Jigsaw appearance. All early Jigsaw apperances should be snagged now
11. The Flash New 52 #0 – first Daniel West the New 52 Reverse Flash. Could the baby being born in this season of the Flash be a way to bring Daniel West? Maybe this is his first appearance but all Flash back issues are worth the investment
12. Limited Collectors Edition C-42 Rudolph – Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer. Everyone knows I love the oversized bronze age comics. They are tough in high grade. They were the trade paperbacks of the day.
Great way to get Golden Age stories. This is affordable in mid grade or low grade just make sure the Rudolph and Santa hand pupets are intact $145 and up
13. Marvel Age #67 – Jim Lee cover. First time Jim Lee draws the Punisher. Don’t sleep on Marvel Age back issues. Clean ’em out and make them high-end wall books $1-5
14. Popular Comics #100 – 100th issue. Smiling Jack, Felix the Cat. Felix is big pimping. I just love Felix the Cat and didn’t realize that some of his classic comics were so cheap happy hunting
15. Legends of the Dark Knight #79 – This one is for my boy Agent Poyo because this Christmas Batman Adventure has it all. We have Batman, we have Christmas, and it is written by the greatest (and the blind pimp means the greatest comic book writer of all time) Mark Millar. This is early Mark Millar and I feel his mid-nineties DC work is underrated and undervalued. Mark Millar is the modern day Stan Lee, and is the greatest of all time #testify
16. Superman Unchained #1 3-D Variant – Can someone explain why a Superman series by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee sits in dollar boxes? Shouldn’t this equal money? Outside of this very rare retailer 3-D variant, which pre dates villain’s month by a few months, not so much. This is a $150 plus book but you can still find deals from time to time
17. DC Limited Collector’s Edition C-25 – classic Batman cover by Neal Adams. Golden age batman stories plus a neail adams cover equals money just a great cover and finding it in nice shape is difficult because of the size you see sometimes larger is not always better #testify
19. The Punisher #31 (Vol. 7) – first Barracuda. The Barracuda could be Punisher season two’s villain. He is perfect for Netflix. Ennis’ story fits the tone of the show $20
20. The Undertaker #10 – final issue of the Undertaker comic. With people loving the bomb WWE comics and variants. I wanted to point out a dollar box gem. Undertaker comics from the late 1990’s were awesome. Happy hunting
Well, that is all for this week. Thank you guys for putting a smile on my face. Thank you for teaching me you don’t need sight to have a vision. I love you guys. Thanks for being one of the greatest blessings in my life
blind adam out