Image/Skybound Entertainment is pleased to announce that this year’s WALKING DEAD DAY, on October 13th, in celebration of the series’ 15th anniversary, will feature collectible blind bag editions of milestone issues from Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard’s THE WALKING DEAD.

Fans will experience the thrill of surprise when they purchase any of the WALKING DEAD DAY BLIND BAG editions. Each of the following issues will be available to purchase as a blind bag item, where customers have a chance of opening one of multiple trades dress variants (color, sketch, virgin, etc) of each iconic issue. Covers will feature art by J. Scott Campbell, James Harren, Emma Ríos, Declan Shalvey, and Sana Takeda, among other exciting to-be-announced artists, and will retail for $3.99 each.

• THE WALKING DEAD #1: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188674

• THE WALKING DEAD #2: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188675

• THE WALKING DEAD #7: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188676

• THE WALKING DEAD #19: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188677

• THE WALKING DEAD #27: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188678

• THE WALKING DEAD #48: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188679

• THE WALKING DEAD #53: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188680

• THE WALKING DEAD #92: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188681

• THE WALKING DEAD #98: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188682

• THE WALKING DEAD #100: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188683

• THE WALKING DEAD #108: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188684

• THE WALKING DEAD #127: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188685

• THE WALKING DEAD #138: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188686

• THE WALKING DEAD #167: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188687

• THE WALKING DEAD #171: 15TH Anniversary Blind Bag variant, Diamond Code MAY188688

31 Responses to THE WALKING DEAD Day will feature collectible blind bag editions of milestone issues

1. reebok pnd says:

dc and marvel called
    they want their gimmicks back

ps do we really need any reprints after #100?

Kirkman feeling the money squeeze as his book sales and show viewers are declining.

3. Kevin verdine says:

Can I just give them my money and not get the comic?

I’m unloading my extra copy of The Walking Dead #1 it’s 9.6 PGX lowest 9.6 on eBay is $1499 I’ll go $1400 will be shipped priority properly packaged with tracking.

5. XA says:

The books started on the decline over a year ago when the show started to loss viewers.

6. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

I will pay $500-1000 for a #1 not a penny more. I see this series crashing and crashing hard. between Andrew linkon leaving the show. declining viewership for the last two years and now this stunt . I want to know what happened to the roberet Kirkman who had original ideas . stop stealing lazy marketing gimmicks from marvel and dc love you guys blinhd adam out

I wouldn’t pay even that much now for a #1. I think it will likely result in a $500-$1000 book when demand starts to lack after the show ends… graded copies will still command the most but I’m not investing anymore money or time into completing that collection. Maybe 20 years from now I’ll buy the complete run for a few hundred bucks.. 🙂

I’ve almost gotten rid of almost all of mine now. I’m so happy I sold a huge majority of them before Andrew Lincoln news of leaving the show. Yes they were on the decline before but that news seems to have really affected prices now, pushing them lower and lower with less demand.

8. Poka says:

I might buy a few just for the fun. Interesting that would seem that there is no limit on print run so chances of getting anyway but a regular is probably very slim

9. reebok pnd says:

im still waiting for the aliens

10. Lonzilla says:

I saw the price tank coming for well over a year when 108’s did a nosedive. That was the last issue to spec on when it was new on the racks before everyone started grabbing 5,10,20 copies of each issue. I was at a small con last month and 1st appearance of Jesus was at bargain prices that I would’ve jumped at 2 or 3 years ago but I passed as did everyone else. Aside from Negan and Dwight they haven’t done a good job of introducing comic characters into the tv show.

Yeah, I regret not unloading my 108’s at peak price, which from what I recall was around $30. First appearances usually would hit $50-$80+ range for their main characters but 108 started to tank before ever reaching full potential. I should have read the warning signs then…

I just sold off most of my 108’s for $10-$15 in the past few months… I’m sure they’re going for even lower now.

11. Dan Piercy says:

I kind of like this. Would be cool to have issue 1 & 19 w/covers by Sana Takeda. Only thing that gives me pause is the polybagged books are usually damaged.

As for the show, All Out War was a 10 issue series. 10 issues that take 15-20 minutes, tops, to read. It has felt laboriously long at 12 one hour episodes. Especially since all that is done are attacks on Alexandria, attacks on the Saviors’ warehouse and miscellaneous conflicts in the woods and against the trash people. It’s been boring. Killing Carl was stupid.

They should just replace Andrew Lincoln; he never looked much like comic book Rick anyways.

Book is still a fun read.

I don’t care if the TV actors look exactly like the comic book characters. But I think Andrew Lincoln played the part better than anyone else could have.

And yes, the show’s (both shows) problem is Scott Gimple but I think they’re beyond repair now. Ratings and readers will continue to decline. Most Drama shows peak at 5-7 seasons, time to wrap this one up, it’s turning into Days Of Our Lives soap drama at this point.

I liked TV Carl more than comic book Carl. I wish long ago Kirkman killed off Carl in the comic book, he annoys me. If I was Rick, I would have already killed him myself cause Carl to me has cost more lives than saved in the book with all his shenanigans.

For me though, the comic book lost it’s edge. It’s just in this repeat rinse pattern. For F sake, we have another Governor again.. Kirkman’s writing is horrible and he’s just dragging it out as long as possible to milk ya’lls wallets.

• danpiercy says:

Yah,agreed, having another villain named “Governor” seems dumb. Kirkman has to know how lazy this appears.

Need a picture of Kirkman hugging a cow with dollar sign patterns… 🙂

They didn’t have a choice on killing Carl. The actor was leaving the show.

Not from rumors I heard.. it was a complete surprise and his dad was upset, probably because he has to go get a real job instead of being his kids manager on the show.

• Uncle Willie says:

Yet AMC dangles a 20 Million Deal in front of Reedus nose .. after the crap starts hitting the fan .. which seems to me like a desperation move as Cast Members decide to finally jump ship .. come on AMC, you had a good run .. well, mostly good ..

• Uncle Willie says:

Haha…. Nice. Now we need this with Kirkman’s smug face….

12. Pingback: Things I Like and Don’t Like for the Week of June 27th, 2018 | COMICSHEATINGUP.NET