Image/Skybound Entertainment is pleased to announce the full list of WALKING DEAD DAY blind bag variant artist covers as well as offer fans an enticing sneak peek at a selection of exclusive WALKING DEAD DAY swag that will be available at participating comic shops.

This year’s WALKING DEAD DAY, on October 13th, in celebration of the series’ 15th anniversary, will feature collectible blind bag editions of milestone issues from Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard’s THE WALKING DEAD.

Fans will enjoy a surprise when they purchase any of the WALKING DEAD DAY BLIND BAG editions. Each of the following issues will be available to purchase as a blind bag item, where customers have a chance of opening one of multiple trades dress variants (color, color virgin, black and white, and a black and white virgin) of each iconic issue. Covers will retail for $3.99 each and the final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, July 9th.

21 Responses to J Scott Campbell to Cover Walking Dead 19: Walking Dead Day Blind Bag Cover Artists Announced

1. kevin says:

the extremely early foc makes me think print run might not be huge, due to people missing cut off. been on the fence about buying 10 of the #19. also here are the percentages to get covers in each bag.
    Color: 50% chance
    Color Virgin: 25% chance
    Black & White: 15% chance
    Black & White Virgin: 10% chance

I hate the blind grab bag BS.. Image has been really bad about distributing these where people end up with too many duplicates, etc.

So you all know, this is a future “Avoid”.. I’m not even bothering. I can barely sell the Walking Dead I have now. Remember, small print run or rare doesn’t always equal valuable, there has to be a demand for them. I’m sure the hype will drive some prices up for the remaining hardcore collectors but I’m not wasting a dime chasing these at a chance on a cover that’s a higher ratio to barely make up the costs I’ll likely spend getting.

• Kevin verdine says:

I hear you Poyo. I’m just waiting for the TV series to end then hopefully prices go up for a few weeks during final episodes so I can get rid of my TWD issues.

Yeah I’m reading aricles now that claim they might just take the show an entirely new direction from comics since Rick will be gone and Carl played such a huge role in the Whisperers, etc. If they do that, all issues starting after the all out war will lose their appeal and potential spec value.

• Uncle Willie says:

It’s more likely the end of the show will cause immediate depression in prices on the books .. my advice is still to sell now ..

Yeah, I agree. When the show ends, thats when I think prices will start to plummet.

2. Big Kahuna says:

Great, so long bodied zombies that look like Mary Jane…

Rip Ditko

4. Uncle Willie says:

IMO, there is no real spec value in any of these .. my Pull and Hold WD customers have dropped by 80% in the last year and a half and so far, no excitement on these ..

I also don’t think a Show Re-Boot sans Rick is going to much, if anything, comic wise .. although the final episode with Rick is likely to be a show ratings booster ..

I’ll pass on these, I’ll probably be done with TDW after Bill S. is done with his covers. If anyone is interested the Nerdstore website has a sale going, it seems to be 50% off.

60 total variants at $3.99 each comes to $240 and thats if your lucky enough to not get duplicates, which is highly unlikely. So yeah, no thanks. I’d rather spend $240+ on a whole lotta something else….

7. Lonzilla says:

I used to read the new issue of WD as soon as I left theLCS and got in my car, couldn’t wait! The new issue sat in my stack for 3 days before I picked it up. That Salt & Pepa reject Princess is the perfect character for this Godawful book lately. It just sucks so bad

Same here. It was the first book I’d read on Wednesdays. It was shortly before Andrea died I really started to not care so much and at times I’d even be okay in reading Anthony’s spoilers, not needing to read if I read the spoilers.

8. Marvel Zombie says:

I might get a few of these. One copy only, based on artist. So Campbell, Bartel and Craig.
    Would be for PC.
    These will be hot for a minute then forgotten. Like those anniversary issues last year.