Live Action Teen Titans Trailer His Web

The live action Teen Titans tv show is coming. The first trailer hit the internet today. Check it out below and comment on what you think.

17 Responses to Live Action Teen Titans Trailer His Web

1. bluebullitt01 says:

I really don’t want to be ‘that guy’…. Love the Titans but I’m not sure who these people are.

Raven looks pretty close to expectations but the rest…. barf. Sorry, Dick Grayson wouldn’t say “Fuck Batman”. I would buy the line if it was Red Hood/Jason Todd.

Why does it have to be dark and edgy? We are talking about the Titans not JL Dark. Has DC not learned from the mistakes with the movies???

I was really hoping this would be something I could share with the kids and niece/nephew but nope. Based on the content it appears they are going for an 18-35 show. As such, it could be a steaming pile but I will hold full judgement until after I watch a couple.

• OC_GUY says:

Yeah, it might be good and of course I will give it a chance if I decide to buy into the streaming service, but like you I am not exactly holding my breath.

2. Brian Springman says:

Cringe x10

3. Migs says:

Ditto on both comments so far…..

4. Salty says:

Wheres Crush???? Just kidding. Definitely worth a watch.

5. Themaxx35 says:

I was hoping that Starfire would look better in the finished product. She doesn’t. The Robin suit is only thing that seems to work.

6. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

#awesomesauce. I think this might take a season to find it’s voice I don’t like the actress playing starfire but that could change once I see a full episode and it looks as raven will be the v. m.v.p. tales of the teen titans #44&dc comics presents #26 are the big pimping books so far about to nail down a hidden gems happy s.d.c.c. week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aoEIwgU7sU

7. Big Kahuna says:

They had me at “F*ck Batman”! There’s enough for Young viewers on the CW, show me the darker side of things!

8. NotJon says:

Man, if that’s the best they can do for a debut trailer then it’s gonna be an even bigger dumpster fire than usual for a DC Media property.

• JayClue says:

@ whatjon…what in particular did you think was so bad about the Titans trailer?

• NotJon says:

The dialogue was real bad. Like, it was just a bunch of angsty one liners that fell really flat. When they had the bit about monsters I actually laughed out loud. It sounded like teenagers trying to be dark rather than actually being a darker, more adult version of DC material. Then there’s the characterization of Dick Grayson which looks way off and a lot closer to Jason Todd. Which would be fine fine, things get shifted around in media properties, except isn’t Jason Todd gonna be in the show? The cinematography is really low rent. A darkened lens won’t make up for bad CGI, and will cheapen a lot of showcasing the casts CGI dependent abilities. Also, it looks like they’re going to retread on Dick’s past. Because, you know, NOBODY knows that story and it’s super worthwhile to explore again in media. I dunno, maybe I’m wrong but this looks to have all the quality of a CW show to me. But with angst. So. Much. Angst.

• JayClue says:

I wholly agree with your statement about Dick and Jason. As far as the rest of your assessment, fair enough. Cheers.

9. mistorroboto says:

It was barely up to CW standards, and just with the lights lower. They needed to put in Amazon/Netflix money to be a flagship streaming show. Why would I want to sub to this service?

10. NilesPaine says:

I’ll go with . . . Maybe?? Hopefully??

11. JayClue says:

Did anyone catch the brief shot of what looked to be Dove?

12. Paul S says:

I wanted to really like this. Oh my. What is this? What a mess. I love the Teen Titan comic books and the animated stuff. This show however is going to suck.