Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 came out in 1984 in a odd 7/38 by 10 7/8 size, larger than a comic but smaller than a full magazine. The first print, second print, and third print all had the same cover in the same size. The third print, the last in the original size, come out in 1985. Later in 1985 a fourth print came out, but comic size.
After 33 years, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be presented in it’s original size with the classic Kevin Eastman cover. There will also be three additional covers. These will be available at Baltimore Comic Con, but will have a limited number of sets pre-sold in case you cannot make it. Here are the full details:
- Kevin Eastman cover limited to 500 copies sold only in sets of all four covers
- Clayton Crain Shredder limited to 1000 copies
- Mike Vasquez Inks of Dark Leo limited to 1000 copies
- Clayton Crain/ Mike Vasquez painted Dark Leo limited to 1000 copies
- On sale 9/22/2018 at 2:00 PM EST