Final Order Cut-Off Highlights for 10/1/18

Final Order Cut-Off is the last day that shops can guarantee their orders for comics. After Final Order Cut-Off, or FOC, these books will only be available to retailers on Advance Reorder. And that is not guaranteed. So here are the highlights for Monday, 10/1/18’s FOC list.

Marvel

Marvel has a ton of cool covers on the list this month for cover price (and some above cover price as well.)

Amazing Spiderman #8 JG Jones Black Cat Variant – (shown above) First of series of Black Cat Variants

Black Panther Vs. Deadpool #1 – Merc with a Mouth Vs The King of Wakanda

Infinity Wars Arachknight #1 Design Cover

Moon Knight #200 Finch Variant

Spider-Gwen Ghost Spider #1 Artgerm Variant

DC
Heroes in Crisis #2 – Harley Vs. Batman

Batman Secret Files #1 Foil

Wonder Woman #57 Jenny Frison Variant

Aftershock
Dead Kings #1 – Described as True Grit set in the world of Final Fantasy

IDW

Lodger #1 – New David Latham crime book for Black Crown label

7 Responses to Final Order Cut-Off Highlights for 10/1/18

1. Mikey says:

Sketch variants of the warps collection have been really cool and going right into my pc

2. D-Rog says:

This coming FOC is an off week for me. Not ordering anything.

Disappointed Detective can’t get their variant cover art released before FOC…will be short ordered by smaller shops. If it was Mattina I’d buy sight unseen, but not even sure of the artist…likely Brooks.

Flash 57 has a cool Halloween themed cover.

• Brian says:

I find the Detective covers by Brooks utterly ugly and unappealing to the eye, and nobody buys them at my store. Yet inexplicably, the dude at Comicinvest.com has a hard-on for him and makes those variants his top pick of the week every single time they come out.

It gets exhausting, as he’s clearly not giving market tips and is just pimping butt ugly covers he likes.

• ellrick says:

I agree 10000%

I dont get the Brooks appeal, and even more so Greg Horn. One Brooks variant was just a Batmobile in front of a blueprint or something? Why? To each his own though, I dont get Frison either, I find her angles and poses to be incredibly repetitive and boring, though her rendering style is great.

• Dave says:

Mark Brooks style is not my fav…but I liked his bat mobile and batwing (not to be confused with bat wang) covers.

But some do love it and aren’t afraid to tell the world. But they are definitely not books that should be spec books…they do sell out but there is no evidence or aftermarket sales numbers to support future profit off them.

3. JayClue says:

What is going on with the Arach Knights left calf on that design variant? Is he supposed to have a peg leg?

Not much on this one for me.