Wednesday Winner for November 7th, 2018

Looks like Antarctic Press has another winner on their hands.

Punchline #1 has seen some great success on the secondary market with regular covers going as high as $35 range.

There was a virgin variant that was listed at $199.99 and a best offer was accepted. The variant is selling anywhere between $30 and $50 with the most recent sales.

So if you can find them, flip’em. I can only assume these will sizzle off a bit just like Rags after the hype dies off a bit (Edit: I was totally thinking of Riptide when I was writing this as Rags #1 is still on fire for NM copies).

About agentpoyo

I'm just a chicken, who loves hanging around ComicsHeatingUp.net and I also started LegosHeatingUp.com, a site I hope carries the same success for those that love and sell Legos.
This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Wednesday Winner for November 7th, 2018

1. D-Rog says:

I saw only 1 Wednesday ..I had every intention of buying it, but rushed out the door and forgot to grab it. DOH!

2. Wren says:

Rags #1 is at $75 for standard cover, which is up from the $40-ish it was at first. Typo?

Are they going back up? I thought I saw them dip down. I might of been thinking of Riptide that’s taken a nose dive in value. I didn’t check recent Rags #1 sold listings for this post so yeah, you’re probably right.

I made an edit. $75.. found a recent sold for a NM+ raw copy sold for $150.

• Wren says:

Jebus, lol. $150? This thing is moving fast! Got rid of mine for $40 shortly after they released, I am regretting that now. Oh well, it happens. And yeah, good old Riptide. All of these small press books from out of left field tend to confuse me after a bit, too. Regardless, keep up the great work, Poyo!

I sold my damaged 3 copies for $40 a piece as well. I’m not regretting it though. Since Antarctic Press fails to respond to customers, I got my money back so it was an easy $120 profit for me. 🙂

• Scooper Mcreary says:

So I guess you could say you went from Rags to riches.

Heh

3. nigel says:

i put 3 of these in my cart on atlantic press website but hesitated because of the postage costs as i am in the uk, went back 2 days later and they had gone ,regretting this now!you guys have so much more choice over here than in the uk

4. JanMan says:

I ordered the Punchline variant from Antarctic Press and received it yesterday. It did ship bagged and boarded. Poyo got “screwed” with his three copies of Rags 1 shipped to him with no protection at all. Maybe they’re listening now because my copy shipped in excellent shape because of the bag and board (silver age size by the way).

I still have one more copy of Rags #1 that I’ll hold for a bit more.

Remember, it’s a mini-series so as it’s closing in on the last issue, probably best to dump as I can’t see these staying as hot for this long once they hype dies off.