Since Covrprice.com came on the scene, they have become a go to spot for watching eBaytrends on comics. They scour thousands of eBay sales to cultivate data to spotlight the hottest selling comics. Here is this week’s Top Ten Comics: (Please note, potential spoilers do follow, and, these results are for auction that closed last week. )
1. LOIS LANE #8 – This past week’s issue of Lois Lane introduce the first appearance of a cool looking new character, Kiss of Death. The book sold 32 copies for an average raw price of $12.12
2. WEST COAST AVENGERS #45 – The colorless Vision seen in the Marvel+ trailer makes his first appearance in this issue The trailer helped to sell 30 copies with an average raw price of $12.04
3. MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #28 – A lot of rumor and speculation drove this book up quickly. Rumor that it ties in with the current Donny Cates Thor/Black Winter storyline. The book moved 23 copies with an average raw price of $38.74
4. LOIS LANE #8 KAMOME SHIRAHAMA VAR – Same as above, first appearance of Kiss of Death. This variant sold 22 copies with an average raw price of $12.33
5. AGGRETSUKO #1 – one of the leading books going into last Wednesday. Cross over potential was huge. The book sold 45 copies with an average raw price of $9.41
6. THE BLUE BEETLE #3 – First appearance of the new Peacemaker. John Cena is paying him in the rebooted Suicide Squad movie. The news moved 15 copies at an average raw price of $14.61
7. AVENGERS ANNUAL #10 – Word is that Rogue will appear in the next Captain Marvel movie. This caused the book to sell 41 issues at an average raw price of $61.00
8. LOIS LANE #7 Yasmine Putri Variant – Issue 7 has the first cameo of Kiss of Death. A total of 22 copies sold with an average raw price of $6.59
9. THE SPIRE #1 – Optioned by Blue Ice Pictures, option news helped sell 11 copies at an average raw price of $12.00
10. JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1 – First appearance of Cyclone, Maxine Hunkel. The book sold 21 copies with an average raw price of $13.36.
15 thoughts on “Covrprice Top 10 List for 2/14/20”
Tread lightly. Most of these have stalled over the past 5 days…
interested in 10-20. I used to get the top 20 each Wednesday or Thursday…..haven’t gotten the email in a while.
11 – 20 have for the most part been far more geared towards my collecting desires than the 1 – 10. The 1 – 10 is the hot stuff of the week that generally dies out for the most part in a few weeks/months. Not all die out, but most.
I wait for the 11 – 20
Just got the email. No surprises. Mostly books showing up on other top 10 lists or have already been hot before so likely not sitting in $1 or back issue bins.
Interesting choice of words for Lois Lane 7&8 in regards to 1st app. I thought 7 was deemed more than a cameo?
I am sure it will. She is shown in several panels though and at the end of the book we do see “Kiss of Death” as a name.
You right the first appearance is in #7, the full appearance in her Kis of Death costume is in #8. Same happen with 1:Mystique in Ms.Marvel #16books, you will not find her in Ms.Marvel #16 ..in her real form ..her first appearance is in Ms.Marvel#18
There is only 1 first appearance, when the character first appears.
Tell that to the market.
Although I agree a first appearance is when the character first appears (regardless whether it’s a cameo, hand, shadow, unnamed, etc.), I also understand There is a first time for everything! Even cameos and full appearances. First time in costume, first as a baby, first an adolescent, first time kids are in a character’s Halloween costume…it’s all relevant parts of a character’s history and relevance.
Market decides which ones have value…and I feel that it’s great that so many firsts exist to make the hobby interesting.
Market decides which book is the most valuable, not if it’s an appearance or not. 😉
So you betting on 7 or 8 on this one. Honestly I hate the first appearance game and the first cameo/full first.
Not that my opinion matters but I’d vote 7.
Everyone’s opinion matters.
Back in the day comics told a story in 21 pages for $1 or less. You would introduce a character and they may even put them on the cover of that issue. Now it takes 4 issues or more at $3.99 ea. and they need cliff hangers and new characters showing up at the ends to keep readers interested and engaged to drop another $3.99 next month.
That being said, I’m betting on the set of 7 & 8. Why limit yourself to just one?!
☝️ what he said.