Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for 7/13/16

I’M BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Whats Up CHU? Mel V. here with some cool variants for this week. Let me start by saying thank you to Tony and DrunkWooky for taking over while I was in the lovely country of The Dominican Republic. If there were comic stores out there I would move tomorrow, so let me shake the ring rust off and let’s get into some good looking variants.

Civil War II #3 Cover E Incentive Phil Noto Character Variant Cover

Civil War II #3 Cover E Incentive Phil Noto Character Variant Cover– NOTO !!!  Such a stellar artist, I think he is underrated, it is his time to get really noticed

Civil War II Gods Of War #2 Cover B Variant Elizabeth Torque Cover

Civil War II Gods Of War #2 Cover B Variant Elizabeth Torque Cover – Sometimes art does a really great job at telling a story, this is a prime example. Torque really captures whats going on with the she Hulk part of the story so far

Deadpool Vol 5 #15 Cover C Variant Death Of X Cover (Civil War II Tie-In)

Deadpool Vol 5 #15 Cover C Variant Death Of X Cover– I like these Death of X covers. I hope I can find them to complete a set, this Deadpool is a funny one.. choke the chicken lol. Plus, it is Dan Brereton, love that guy’s work.

Thats all I got.. like I said I’m shaking the ring rust off. I think next weeks selection gonna be great…I got a feeling

This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for 7/13/16

1. Van Denby says:

Welcome Back Homie!

2. David Bitterbaum says:

That Deadpool cover is legitimately hilarious.

3. Great picks as always MelVP. You got any love for Kenan? I was kind of a hater on this concept, but it is kind of amazing the emotional response I had to seeing the representation of ppl who look like me in a Superman book. And I’m the most “whitewashed/Americanized” asian out there, but it hit me hard. My pops too (who read in the 70s/80s marvel though), and even my mom.

Yes I’m asking you because you’re black, or as the social conscious say “a fellow person of color.” Anyways see you on the G+ side, broski.

• oh this is Drew Kim duh.

• melthemovieguy says:

I see alot of hate for the new Superman..I like the art im definitely going to pick up the book to read ..I cant hate on something until I at least give it a shot ..i dont understand how people do that

• melthemovieguy says:

‘Be on the look out for that Black Mask book called “BLACK” ..gonna be a head turner

I mentioned that one the other day. Was a Kickstarter that got picked up by Black Mask. X-Men but not mutants. Instead it is only black people with super powers in a “world that fears and hates them.” With the current racially charged climate this could take off.

4. First of all, you are most welcome Mel.

If you ever need Tony and I to post pretty pictures on the internet for you, I’m sure we can fill the role!

Second, I’m so tempted to double-up and get that Noto variant in addition to my Quesada. Noto hasn’t received the love he deserves yet. Loving Poe Dameron with his interiors! He does great work with focus and depth of field.

I got two of the Quesada’s. Hoping the death has the same effect as death of Cap from before the first Civil War. Thanks to Poyo I have some signed Civil War II #1 from Bendis. Great signature he has

• I saw a child chasing a rooster at the zoo yesterday. For some reason it made me think of Poyo. Never met the guy, but he’s invading my daily thoughts. Agent Poyo, element of this generation’s zeitgeist.

5. welcome home mel. and that deadpool cover is #awesomesauce