Self Published Comic “Solar Flare” Picks Up New Publisher

The self-published comic Solar Flare has been picked up by a publisher and will reprint the first six issues. The book will be distributed through Diamond Comics Distributors. While I cannot mention the name of the publisher yet, I will say I am very pleased with where the book is heading.

A while back I mentioned the book Solar Flare. It is a self published comic that follows Jake Clifford. A massive solar flare hits, causing an EMP that wipes out the entire power grid, all electronics, all vehicles, pretty much everything we rely on in our daily lives. The world goes to hell. I had been in contact initially about getting copies of the book since the premise was so good, and after reading the first issue digitally (which I never do), I ordered the floppy copies and was hooked. I came on here and told everyone about it.

Needless to say, with as good as the book is, both art and story, and with it going to a very good, spec worthy company, I can see a demand for the original, self published comics. The regular covers were limited to 3,000 copies each, with a variant cover that as limited to 400 copies. There was an even rarer glow in the dark cover that has sold out a while ago (I have a copy for myself).

You can check out the book at Solar Flare Comics Web site

15 Responses to Self Published Comic “Solar Flare” Picks Up New Publisher

1. Jeremy Abbott says:

This book is awesome! I read all six a while back and I can’t wait for issue 7. I’m so glad it is now part of (redacted). This is a book I’m all in on and know this will be 2017s big hit.

2. Jeremy Abbott says:

I have two of the glow-in-the-dark covers. I just received one back from CGC, and the other is still being graded. Right now I’m the first and only one who one in the sensus.

3. yolkum says:

James is a good guy. I was glad to hear this news about his book.

4. Howie says:

My glow-in-the-darks don’t glow.

Yeah, those types of inks used don’t last that long or end up being very weak from my experience.

5. jeff says:

which cover is the glow in the dark cover, the one above?

6. Howie says:

I have high hopes for this book. Awesome concept. Could work on all screens. Great work. I’m so glad I ran into James at SC Comicon. I hate that I was about flat broke that day… but thanks to some networking I was able to get 2 of every book out there so far.

7. jclu007 says:

For any Canadian customers looking to buy these books from the Solar Flare website, the site doesn’t allow for Canadian shipping, so you can’t purchase them there. There is an email address at the bottom where you can contact James directly. He was more than willing to send me a PayPal invoice for the books and ship to Canada.

8. Chris Miller says:

only 24 of regular cover left and 22 variants left of #1

James hit me up after seeing the post and said he wondered why the sudden orders today. Looks like lots of people bought the books. Cough cough tv show discussion cough cough. I didn’t say that.

9. Jack says: