Greetings to my Comics Heating Up and Awesomesauce families. Wow, 2016 is over. Where does time go? I would like to say thank you to every one for all the friendship, support, advice, and encouragement. Thank you for reading and listening each and every week. To Anthony, thank you for giving me a playground to play on.
If anyone wants to donate to the Awesomesauce Commix Fresh Start fundraiser campaign, email email@example.com as I am now set up to accept donations. I am so excited to be starting my business from scratch, again. May Carie Fisher rest in peace. I wish you all a great and awesome 2017 and that all your dreams and desires come true.
1. Batman #422 – Jason Todd beats the crap out of a pimp, he asks Batman if it would have been bad if Jason killed him. I believe this the start of what killed Jason Todd. With the Red Hood being so popular I wonder why the pre-Death in the family books are so cheap $3-5
2. Batman #424 – Jason Todd throws a rapest out a window. When Jason Todd makes his big screen debut, these Batman books in the 420’s will explode $5-10
3. Detective Comics #569 – o.k. I watched Batman Under the Red Hood last night. Got the dvd for Christmas. So it got me excited for Jason Todd comics. This one is kind of cute, as Batman has Jason stop using
holy puns like Dick Grayson did, just a fun book for Jason fans, no real spec value $5
4. Samurai Penguin #4 – this might not have much spec value, and is most likely in quarter boxes nationwide, but it is a Samurai Penguin and the TMNT, how do you go wrong? happy hunting
5. Marvel Tales #223 – this is for the Todd McFarlane Spiderman collectors. This starts the cover run Todd did for Marvel Tales it is hella cheap around $1-5. Why so cheap, as I ask that about Marvel Tales in general.
6. Marvel Tales #239– final Todd McFarlane cover on Marvel Tales, cheap as heck but tough in the wild $1-5
7. Superman Family #208 – final Pre-Crisis Earth 2 Mister Mxyzptlk. Love this little imp, he is the bomb. No real spec value just a fun book $5
8. DC Superfriends #29 – this is a perfect storm, a DC kids comic, low print run, a final issue, and such a fun story staring Mister Mxyzptlk. He and all the imps go to a comic book convention. Batmite, the one from Flash. Just find a copy and stash it and enjoy it $10-20. Finding DC kids comics in high grade is a challenge in itself.
9. Spidey Super Stories #45 – high grade copies of this series are tough. This is a Dr Doom Silver Surfer story. A great kids comic and can go up in value with the new Spiderman movie. Did everyone cut out the stamp on the back cover of these things? $5-10
10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2 (Mirage series) third print – Wow the first April O’Neal. Be careful when Googling the name April O’Neal (except for me as I am friends with that April O’Neal, testify) but with second and later printings being all the rage why is this one so cheap should be $50
11. Princess Leia #1 Midtown Comics Mark Brooks Cover – oh Midtown, you and your excuslive covers that stay on your racks for years. Rest in peace Carie Fisher, may the force be with you. Always thanks for the memories and this is still a $20 book
12. Princess Leia #1 Action Figure Cover – I love this cover. I am becoming a fan of the action figure covers as of late and this might be one of my favorites $10 and up
13. Superman #96 (Original Series) – o.k. so I am on a Mister Mxyzptlk kick this week. I wanted to write a fan fiction staring the imp so I did some research. This is an #awesomesauce Atomic Age Mister Mxyzptlk where he becomes Mayor of Metropolis by using magic and it has not been reprinted all that much. It might be the first Earth 2 appearance of my
favorite imp. Just find the grade you can afford.
14. Marvel Super Special #6 – with all this sharks in comics bs, looking at you White #1, I am sick of sharks especially Sharknato, when the original badass can be found in comics. This classic Marvel Magazine has a cool Jaws story with Gene Colen art $5 and up
15. Superman vs Bugs Bunny #1-4 – this story is one gem. Wow, we get Superman and the JLA vs Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and that Looney Tunes gang. It is just awesome, fun, and in dollar boxes. I swear I will find em and make em $5 a pop and now I need to find that Bugs Bunny movie with Heather Locklear
16. Robocop #26 (Marvel Series) – OK riddle me this? Why when I Google Robocop full movie, all I get is the current piece
of garbage from 2014. OK, Sam Jackson is awesome, but that remake sucked. Robocop had a Marvel comic book and a cartoon and this is the final issue of it. Wow the print run is very low and this is a cheap book that should be $20 and on walls
17. Catwoman Election Night One Shot – since Rebirth has hit DC Catwoman has been scarce. Hopefully with her being in Batman by Tom King we get more of her. I really like this election comic with Catwoman, but why does the Penguin think he would be a great mayor of Gotham City? $5. I see big things spec-wise for Catwoman especially with Gotham City Sirens and depending on who plays her in this movie
18. Batman Gotham Adventures #60 – Batman vs the Joker. Low print run kids comic based on cartoons, all good stuff. I am now seeking all the DC kids comics from this era as they all are low printed and tough to find in high grade $10
19. Gotham City Sirens #26 – Gotham City Sirens is now a movie. I have an idea for a movie featuring the Gotham Girls but I will keep it to myself. This is the final issue in the series. It has a low print run and an awesome cover $10-20
20. Catwoman #1 (1993) – not sure if this Catwoman #1 will go up or not, it is in Dollar Boxes and has a sweet embossed cover by Jim Balent. I just really see big things for Catwoman and this #1 is undervalued $1-5 (I do think that Catwoman #1 2002, the first new look for Catwoman, is set to explode)
“The Birds, the Bees, and the Turtles” – o.k. Why didn’t anyone tell me there is a “sex ed” comic book featuring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Yup, there was an “For Mirage Studios Eye’s Only” Tijuana Bible done by a Mirage Studio artist. No real spec value, I repeat, no real spec value due to only 50 copies bing made and it could easily be “bootlegged.” I discovered it while reading a checklist of TMNT comics and I now need for my p.c.
Well, Happy New Year to you all. Now that I fade away I find myself obsolete
I love you guys, happy 2017
blind adam out