Exclusive Preview of Solar Flare #1

I have made several mentions of the self-published comics Solar Flare by James Haick and Branco Jovanovic, which was recently picked up by Scout for publishing. This is a book I have been a fan of since I originally ordered copies of when I saw an article in the Wall Street Journal about it. Needless to say, I am very excited that the book was picked up by Scout, and more excited that I would be able to pick up the future issues from my local comic shop. I have been talking to James Haick, and he agreed to allow me to run an exclusive 12 page preview (ten if you don’t count the cover and first page) of the story. Check it out below.

You can check it out by clicking Here

I can also say, the action really ramps up in the 2nd-6th issues, and all six of the first self published issues can be ordered at the Solar Flare Store.

30 Responses to Exclusive Preview of Solar Flare #1

1. comicevents says:

Love the premise. Will be adding to my pull list.

2. john dye says:

A couple of months ago I received an exclusive cover of Solar Flare from Court at Blind Box Comics. Phenomenal book. I would also like to mention that comic book fans here are sorely missing out in not subscribing to Blind Box Comics. Awesome books every month! If it wasn’t do blind box comics I would not have been able to read the first issue of Solar Flare. Thanks CHU and thank you Court at Blind Box Comics!! Sorry for the misspelling words. Sent from my Iphone.

3. IndyKMB says:

LOVED this initial 6-issue run. I actually have two sets of the initial Arc … curious if the new release will have any added content…meaning, is there any reason for us to re-buy?

4. Barry W says:

I’m a sucker for a story where you start with the bad shit and then flashback to months earlier and how you got there! Really like the atmospheric art too. So I’ll be getting this. Apologies if been mentioned in another post Tony, but when is the first Scout issue coming out? Unless James wants to answer?!

5. Jeremy Abbott says:

I hopped on this book early and I’m glad I did. I’m going all in and picking this to be the book of the year.

When you order from their website, how good do they package the comics?

7. Mike DePonte says:

I ordered a set a few months back as well as a few variants, can anyone tell me what the prints runs were for regular and variants covers.
    Thanks.

8. Jt Rodgers says:

Got a prep guide that they handed out at Baltimore Con 2015. I’ve been a fan ever since.