One Per Store Darth Maul #1 Cover Coming?

Here is an odd one. And thanks to Drunk Wooky who was on the case.

In recent weeks, Marvel has been sending out one per store variants that are very similar to their high ratio variants, with minor changes. The Black and white Alex Ross sketch variant for example was an uncolored version of the 1:100 Mighty Captain Marvel #1, the “Sketch McFarlane” cover for Venom #1 is another example. So could Darth Maul #1 have one as well?

Cullen Bunn Tweeted out pictures of all the known covers to Darth Maul #1, out tomorrow, however there was one mystery one.

On the top row, third over is the Star Wars Darth Maul #1 Cover H Incentive Rod Reis Sketch Cover.

However, the question arose, what is the one directly to the left of it, with the red light saber? Our very own Star Wars guru replied:

Cullen replied:

So, as Scooby and the Gang say, “Looks like we have a mystery on our hands.”

Needless to say, be on the lookout for the black and white and red Darth Maul #1.

2:00 PM 1/31/17

29 Responses to One Per Store Darth Maul #1 Cover Coming?

1. JayClue says:

Can anyone get a zoom in of the barcode?

2. JayClue says:

I’ve emailed one of my LCS’ about it, I have not heard back. Talked to another and they did not receive a Darth Mail 1 per store. This is fun! We need Batman on this case.

3. Brennan says:

Twitter?!?!
    That’s still a thing??

4. JayClue says:

It’s a sweet cover too. Darth Mail is such a cool character. I’m looking forward to this book.

5. JayClue says:

F@%*ing Apple!

6. emiobeg says:

I always order the 1 per store and when I asked my LCS to get one for me that told me their wasn’t any for Dath Maul. He did not see it on the system when he was placing the Diamond order. I’ll have to wait and check tomorrow morning.

It is very up in the air with this cover is I’ve checked several stores and they said they have not received the one for store variant. So we’re still trying to find out what it is. Something unsolicited that we know for sure

It might just be me, but aren’t these one per store variants getting to be a bit much

• I think they’re great. It gets a decently rare variant to an LCS without them having to order 100 copies of something they can’t reasonably sell. I think it’s win-win.

• A. King says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love them too. I get them from my main Shop for $20 to $25 each but with so many coming out so often i can’t get them all like I want to. I already have two or three waiting for me in my pullbox that I have to clean out this weekend, and my wallet is dreading this trip.

• JayClue says:

I like them too, but feel your pain in the ol’ wallet. The stores around me typically don’t get ratio variants for any thing that isn’t Batman or Spidey, so these store variants are typically the only rare variants I get to buy. I’ve contacted 4-5 stores today and none received a Darth Maul 1 per store.

• DrunkWooky says:

Oh. The whole money thing. Yeah. That does suck. My LCS sells them to me for cover. But, if they sold them at a premium I would definitely have to be choosie.

8. Bob Dobalina, Mr. says:

Just checked with a few places around me and my main shop who is a Top 1000 Diamond Account….he checked his invoice and there is no notation of a Darth Maul 1 per store on it. He has gotten every 1 per store variant thus far so he would have gotten this one if it was like the others. That’s not to say there could be on randomly distributed or for another tier level of retailers like Top 500 or less etc.

9. Safdar Khan says:

There are a lot of store variants in that pic. Could it be a con exclusive?

Very well could be but as of yet it is an unannounced variant. Like I said, we are still trying to determine what it is. Scooby Doo mystery continues.

10. Shane Larsen says:

Definitely looks like the bar codes are different

11. Pingback: Zwei weitere Variantcover für Darth Maul #1 – Jedi-Bibliothek

12. Richard Sean says:

I know this is a few weeks old but it looks like the red and black variant may be a comicspro
    Variant? A few have popped up on eBay.