Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for Delivery 2/8/17

What up CHU? Mel V. back with my variant picks for the week. Man, how hot is deadpool these days two weeks and three hot variants. (Deadpool 25 Brooks, Deadpool Mercs for Money 8, Deadpool 26 Dale Keown Variant) Lets see whats shaking this week.

Deadpool The Duck #3 Cover C Incentive Variant Cover – We just mentioned Deadpool is on fire right now, could Deadpool the Duck feed off the originals fire. I’d take a chance on this on if ya can find it for cheap

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 4 #17 Cover D Incentive Stephanie Hans Variant Cover – This one is starting to see some action on eBay. Definite buy.

Kingpin Vol 2 #1 Cover G Incentive Bill Sienkiewicz Variant Cover – Bill Sienkiewicz art is fantastic. I love this rendition of Kingpin and on a 1:50 could be tough to find

Suicide Squad Vol 4 #11 Cover B Variant Lee Bermejo Cover – My Favorite cover this week, the DC rebirth Variants are starting to see some love in the after market and this one is absolutely stunning

9 Responses to Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for Delivery 2/8/17

I hardly see the Rebirth variants anymore on Wednesday’s.

2. Shines says:

I’ll agree with that…the last two Flash issues and the Harley Cho covers were a little tough to find. Three local shops got none, tracked a couple down out of town. Seems like the only ones I’ve been seeing locally are Green Arrow & Batman.

3. Andrew Cantrell says:

Can’t say that I disagree with your pics from a spec point, but I LOVE the Kingpin hip hop variant so was curious if it would show up this week. It made me laugh so hard. Once again though, good selection.

4. Barry W says:

I’m know it’s been mentioned before, but I don’t believe the Rebirth variants are true 1:1. As A. King and Shines say they seem to be rare in LCS, I know my one would order them but Diamond often only sent cover A’s. If I’m not buying both covers I always go variants route. Nice pics as usual Mel, not that I ever get a chance on grabbing the incentive variants lol

5. melthemovieguy says:

Deadpool the duck possible sleeper ..none on Ebay

6. Bob Dobalina, Mr. says:

Anecdotally I’ve talked to quite a few people throughout the US who have said most of their local shops don’t get B covers or get only a couple copies. You do have to order them, they just don’t get sent each order at 1:1.

For example- Batgirl 6 Manapul variant has got to be one of the hardest Rebirth variant issues to find. There have only been a handful of copies online on eBay for silly prices after all the cheap ones were bought up release week. I checked 9 of the “big boys” online and they were all sold out except for one place 2 weeks ago and once I mentioned they were available for cover on a g+ group, they were gone within hours. 5 out of 8 shops that I have frequented locally over the months didn’t get any Manapuls, my main shop for 10 but no shelf copies- I was lucky to get one as I have all the Rebirth titles variants on my pull list for the series I collect, and the other 3 had gotten just a handful in but were sold out. Someone I talk to on the regular in another state was able to muster 3 copies out of 6 shops he went to in one day. I would advise picking up or pre-ordering the cover Bs or”key issues” from Rebirth titles as I am more than convinced they are underordered. The whole Bermejo variant run to Suicide Squad are absolutely stunning in general however- key issue or not.

7. David Bitterbaum says:

I don’t know if this spoiler on Bleeding Cool for issue #12 of Suicide Squad is true or a fake-out…

But if it is true that variant cover to #11 featuring Amanda Waller considering what allegedly might happen to her character within #11 may be a smidgen more collectible.

8. Alvin danna jr. says: