Greetings to my Comics Heating Up and Awesomesauce families. Thank you all for reading this each and every week. I am have some really awesome stuff coming up and when the time is right I will fill you all in the details. Thank you for the friendship, encouragement, advice, especially during the last six months . I love you guys and am so blessed to have you all in my life.
Before we make some money on some comics, I would like to give a few opinions and assessments on a few things. First off, Wrestle-mania 33 was very enjoyable and the WWE network is well worth the ten bucks a month. The third season of Rick and Morty was one of the best cartoons I have ever seen on Adult Swim, and can anyone explain the current prices of Rick and Morty #1-6? crazysauce! Batman Dark Knight III The Master Race #8 was a fun read, odd to say, and the Flintstones #7 and Green Lantern/Space Ghost were my reads of the week. On a side note, why is it so damn difficult to find Pop Rock candy in the stores?
Now, lets make some money on some comics, cause you can’t teach that.
1. Worlds Finest #169 – Joss Whedon is making a Batgirl movie, which is awesome. Hopefully they can work in all three Batgirls into the movie and showcase the legacy of the character. This is Batgirl’s third appearance and her first meeting with Supergirl. Supergirl has a great TV show and I believe this is a great spec play $10 and up.
2. Detective Comics #359 Millennium Edition– Speaking of Batgirl, if you cannot afford the first appearance of Batgirl, look for the this awesome reprint. The prices have started to spike on this version too though.
3. Batman 66 #18 – this spec is for the cover only. Batgirl reading Detective Comics #359.
4. Detective Comics #369 – 4th Batgirl. Yes, I know the new 52 is being used as source material… but this is her 4th appearance and is a sweet add to any collection $10 and up
5. Rick and Morty #1 SDCC Variant – I can’t believe what first prints and second prints are fetching now a days. However, some of the convention variants haven’t caughten up yet and SDCC is king, baby. (Plus episode 3.1) was #awesomesauce $20
6. Rick and Morty #2 Local Comic Shop Day treasury sized variant – I am starting to dig local comic shop day variants. This was done in 2016, it is oversized, and a neat add to any Rick and Morty collection, or stash and could blow up. $10
7. Totally Awesome Hulk #3 – I am not sure if this new Hulk is totally awesome, however the series has its high points. Like Kid Kaiju, this dude can draw things to life. He was the star of Monsters Unleashed event. Monsters Unleashed was the best Marvel event in years and Kid Kaiju was fun in it and he would also make a great addation to teams like The Champions. The 1:25 for this is the way to go for the big dollar dollar but all prints are on the rise, $5 and up
8. Amazing Heroes #97 – The Watchmen are coming to the DCU this week. ‘The Button’ will be a classic story. This issue of Amazing Heroes has a Dr Manhattan preview and I believe it pre-dates Watchmen #1 by three months, making it the first Dr Manhattan $50
9. The Crow/Razor: Kill the Pain – didn’t realize the Crow had a London Nights crossover with Razor. If the crow movie gets made all appearances will heat up again. And maybe a Razor movie, Netflix show, or Youtube show could happen, never know $10
10. Razor #1 (London Nights Studios/Fathom Press) – And according to Comics For Sinners a movie poster for the movie has surfaced and will be screened at Cannes (not sure how accurate that is, but Richard Boom, the owner of the site, and who does press releases for other companies and books, said it will).
11. The Crow #10 (Image Comics) – final issue of an underrated, under-vauled, Crow series. I am sure this is in dollar boxes at local shops and conventions happy hunting
12. Fun Times Magazine #3 – this magazine was put out by McDonalds. It features Batman Returns, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and other cool stuff in it. It is a cheap, fun way, to relive ones childhood. I didn’t realize the Batman Returns cups were so cheap as well, $5-10
13. Top Cat #1 (Dell Comics) – top cat meeting batman was #awesomesauce the new top cat series looks like fun this is his first comic book appearance and it is cheap $10 and up
14. Kid N Play #9 – Venom will hit theaters next year. All appearances of Venom are smoking hot. This is an early Venom appearance and it is called Marvel Madness to boot $20 and up
15. The Flash #173 (Silver Age Series) – black cover plus a team up between Jay and Wally. As Kid Flash the CW show is amazing. The Flash is the greatest show on TV and this is a tough book in high grade $10 and up
16. Blip Magazine #1 – no real spec value, but all you kids and your xBox and Playstation withs their awesome graphics, music, and multi-player games. We had Atari 2600 and the games sucked, like really sucked. The first Spiderman game was god awfull but this video game magazine comic from Marvel with the Spiderman actor playing Tron cover is rad as all heck $10-20
17. Batman Strikes #50 – final issue to a fun kids animated Batman comic. Tough to find in high grades, and nostalgia comes in cycles, kids who watched the show will eventually want the comics $10 and up
18. Banana Splits #1– Watching the Banana Splits fight along the Suicide Squad was funny. I want more of it. Dell did an eight issue series of the Banana Splits and #1 is their first appearance. Plus the theme song is just a classic $5-20
19. Flashpoint #5 – this is the first new 52 Batgirl it is also a huge piece of “The Button’ as the letter will come into play and I can now see the Reverse Flash being a flash and Batman villain. there are some great variants for this as well $5 and up
20. The Spectre #62– final issue of the Spectre series that all fans loved and remember. This is also the second appearance of the new Mr. Terrific which appears each and every week on Arrow. On the show he is fun as all hell $10 and up
If you guys would be up for a pizza party hosted by Blind Adam sometime later in the year, please leave a comment, as I owe a few of you pizza for not enjoying Iron Fist. So let me know if there would be interesting to do a get together.
once again thank you for everything and have a great week now that I fade away I find myself obsolete
blind adam out