“Here’s Negan” to be collected in hardcover

Originally supposed to be only collected in the Image 25th Anniversary Box Set, Image has announced a Here’s Negan Hardcover for Walking Dead to collect Image Plus material.
Bestselling, award-winning pop culture phenomenon Robert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD, OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA) and artist Charlie Adlard (THE WALKING DEAD) spin the backstory for one of the most controversial and complex characters in THE WALKING DEAD history in THE WALKING DEAD: HERE’S NEGAN! This special backstory was first serialized in Image+ magazine and will be collected in its entirety into a hardcover edition and made available through Image Comics/Skybound Entertainment this October.

Who is Negan? Since his debut in THE WALKING DEAD #100, the charismatic psychopath has antagonized Rick Grimes, murdered his friend with a baseball bat wrapped in barb wire (which he calls “Lucille”), and led the Saviors into war against Alexandria and the neighboring communities.

THE WALKING DEAD: HERE’S NEGAN! hardcover (Diamond Code JUL170766, ISBN: 978-1-5343-0327-0) will be available for $19.99 in comic book retailers on Wednesday, October 4th and in bookstores on Tuesday, October 10th. The final order cutoff deadline for comic book retailers is Monday, August 7th.

17 Responses to “Here’s Negan” to be collected in hardcover

1. Bill says:

Interesting… I remember a sales point for the image 25th box set was the Negan comic – never to be reprinted. I guess what they meant to say was never to be reprinted in comic format because here we have …. drum roll … a reprint! But I guess that doesn’t count because it’s a Hardcover. Oh how I so do love marketing techniques.

2. alana says:

image comics seems to break their word a lot!

3. Philippe Brault says:

Well… Excitement for my blind box just plumetted. Of course they announce this now after all orders are in. Image makes really good books, too bad they’re turning into another Marvel / DC when it comes to things like this. Wasnt it just 2 years ago that they said they would never do a variant again? Just look at all their variants now. This is just par for the course for them now.

4. Brand No 7 says:

Do you think it is still worth picking up the Blind Box from an entirely spec point of view.?
    The Negan comic was to be the golden ticket (only 500 printed if I remember) but there are still other comics like exclusive sketch covers.
    I was hoping to keep some for the PC but make money back on the box by offloading the rest

Early one yes. Originally they were priced out at $125 until stores found out that there was no discount on the $125 box and shops raised the price to $250. I am sure with it without the Negan book it could still be broken up into a money maker though.

• Bill says:

My opinion: it depends on how much of a gambler you are. I’m personally not willing to put approx $250 on the line where likelihood of loss is much less than optimal. This news of the hardcover solidifies my decision

• Brand No 7 says:

Good to get people’s view. Whilst no guarantee of getting the Negan comic I just feared that this might take the heat off the box.
        That said Negan still worth having as not many will be in that format plus the sketch covers might turn out to be special. So whilst I am wobbling I may very well take the gamble

5. JayClue says:

I’m upset as a reader about this news. I have been collecting image + exclusively for the Negan story. Now I have 14 oversized magazines, with no where to store them. I was going to continue to collect it for the Wytches story, but now I will wait for the collection. Your lies have cost you at least one customer with the Image + book, image.

6. Lonzilla says:

I had a feeling they’d be doing this which is why I stopped getting the Image Plus after 3 issues.
    I just want to read the story in one shot. Great news!

7. Angelo says:

The blind box comic should still bring in good prices…..not obscene but enough to cover the initial investment and then some.

8. Vann says:

Wasn’t this a predictable move by Image? Is anyone really surprised by this?