Image Comics 25th Anniversary Blind Box Unboxing

I went out last night to meet up with some friends last night. So while I was waiting to meet up, I swung by my honey hole store to get the Gasolina Ashcan that came out. The owner is nice and holds stuff like that for me. Sitting up on the shelf was an Image Comics 25th Anniversary Blind box. I thought about it for a while since it was marked at $175. I ended up grabbing it. So here are the results.

Let me say I know these things are a gamble and didn’t expect to get a sketch or a Here’s Negan. With that being said, wow, I really thought it was bad. But, lesson learned. I do have all the books up on eBay reasonably priced.

36 Responses to Image Comics 25th Anniversary Blind Box Unboxing

1. James Chiarello says:

That gave me anxiety just watching..

2. ki1owatt says:

WOW! Doubles and triples! I was pulling for you to get the Negan. I did grab the Rock Candy #1 from you. It`s a fun series.

I appreciate that. Yeah doubles and triple would have been great if they were sketches or Here’s Negan but Few (which I like) and Rose (again I like it) but don’t want 3 copies of it.

3. Birdman says:

Sorry you didn’t get better results. I was getting anxious watching as well. Glad I have no interest in these blind boxes…too much uncertainty for me…especially at the price involved. Plus, even though I pursue some variants, there are just too many being produced. I think my LCS was relieved to sell the few boxes they got in, and happy they didn’t get more. Good luck with your EBay sales!

4. Matt says:

Damn dude. Well…at least you didn’t pay $300+ like a lot of people on eBay…and at least you’ll be able to make your money back easily…but damn…

5. Cyber Golem says:

No apology necessary Anthony!! Keep up the great work!! I enjoyed the video!!

6. Richard G says:

Mannnn the 175$ all went to the packaging of these comics…. pretty nice clean black plastic with the Image logo on it…..who does that to each comic in the box!!!!

7. DrunkWooky says:

Watched all 15 minutes and watched your optimism plummet.

There were giant winners and giant losers with this box. Nobody came out in the middle of the spectrum from what he unboxing a I’ve seen. I’m sorry, Tony.

Like I said, if they had a Seven to eternity variant or spawn foil variant, those would have slaughtered in the after market.

Who packed these things?!

When one buys a 25th Anniversary box for $150 or more, there should be zero duplicates. That’s just damn crappy. That is bad for business as well…. Seems more like a cash grab than celebrating 25 years with a great box of comics for your customers that kept you in business for 25 years.

• J.Dan Patane says:

For $250 there’s no reason for a box with that kind of collation to exist, and it’s certainly no less acceptable because you only paid $175. That was brutal.

Yeah, totally agree. I didn’t even buy one and I’m mad at Image for doing collectors wrong.

9. knross says:

That’s utter bs right there.

10. Kevin Verdine says:

This will be done by DC and marvel as well in the future I’d bet. This is baseball card comics. Either get a $300 comic or cover price. Welcome to the future.

Yeah I kind of have to agree with you on that.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, sadly that’s when I exited the baseball cards market when it all started about the chase rather than good ol baseball cards becoming valuable because the players, not because they printed some special limited HTF card and threw it in x amount of packs.

11. over-inflated bubba says:

did your box contain a piece of paper that states
    packed out/inspected by Matt Murdock

12. Carlos Garza says:

Anthony – What is yor ebay ID?

13. over-inflated bubba says:

has image made any statements about the horrible collation on the boxes ?

Nope. Won’t respond to my tweets either.

Yeah. It seems either the entire box is a winner or the entire box is a total letdown. Seriously though, anyone who bought a box should have gotten zero duplicates. This is all on Image too… I hope they keep getting shamed for this until they publicly acknowledge their blunder and somehow fix it.

I can only imagine my kid buying a Pokemon booster pack and 4 or more of the ten cards are duplicates, talk about crappy, I’d never hear the end of it from my kid.

• A. King says:

I don’t blame them for not responding. It seems like they ripped a lot of people off. Hopefully you get your money back on ebay. I’m glad I did not et one of these.

Lesson to all, learn from my mistakes 😉

• Sans Ovaries says:

These boxes pissed off a good chunk of Image fans based on the eBay/Infinity Comics deal. Also, the Facebook thread seems to have a bunch of people that were shorted comics or got a bunch of doubles as well.

14. tim says:

I agree with Poyo, Image has done a huge disappointment for their collectors with all those duplicates. May be variants but every box should have been packed with a Negan.

15. Andrew Cantrell says:

Thanks for doing the video and hate all those duplicates. I can only image a few (or many) choice words being shouted as soon as that camera stopped rolling.

16. blind adam the comicpimp says:

wow this image blind box was not your friend. triples of rose #1? and why no spwn no savage dragon walking dead or chew or titel that has a fan base? why all books fromt he six months and hot titels that gained in vaule over night g.c. and red neck and plastic are the only titels worth it in this batch of 25 books. this image blind box is the comic book industrys equavllant to a cheap working lady of the evening just a cash grab glad I passed on it love you guys blind adam out

17. Brennan says:

What a bummer 😦

18. Lonzilla says:

I got jack shit in my Black Friday boxes which is why I wasn’t wasting my time or money on one of these.