Wednesday Winner: Realm #1

It is nice to walk into your local comic shop on Wednesday and pick up your new books. It is even nicer when by the end of the week some of the books are selling for multiple times cover price. Realm #1 is one of those books.

Recently closed eBay auctions have been as high as $15, and sets as high as $30. There was one store variant, the Comics Elite, has sold for $20, but one listing is up over $120 and another is listed at buy it now for $60.

Realm #1 is sold out at Diamond and going back for a second print as well.

THE REALM #1, 2nd printing (Diamond code: AUG178150), along with THE REALM #2 Cover A from Haun and Filardi, Cover B from Jeff Lemire, and Cover C the Walking Dead Homage cover, will be available Wednesday, October 18th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, September 25th.

21 Responses to Wednesday Winner: Realm #1

1. craig oscarson says:

I think Sink is the Wednesday winner, but those Realm are pretty… so many solid selections this week

2. Cyber Golem says:

While I did read Realm #1 – I thought the 1st issue was short. I did enjoy the artwork tho. Nothing compared to Opena’s artwork in S2E though. I may buy issue 2, but jeez there are so many other comics with great story and artwork which I would rather spend my hard earned cash on.

3. Phil Ford says:

Midtown has more Cover A’s up at less than cover

That $120 variant looks like it was purposely bid that high. You can pick up the store exclusive for $10-$20 elsewhere eBay included. There’s a ton of copies of the A and B up for sale will get back down to cover or a couple dollars over cover I would think.

5. Lonzilla says:

Flipped 2 A&B sets for $20 each, one on the bay, one to a friend. Slabbing a copy of Cover B for a quick flip and ain’t looking back
    My Wednesday Winner is Sink #1. Lucked out at one shot and found a few sets of A&B.
    Sick book!

6. NotJon says:

Yeah, that’s just a store exclusive done by a shop called Elite Comics, not Comic Elite, it’s in a suburb of Kansas City called Overland Park. If anyone really wants a copy, that’s my local shop, and I can see if there are still any available.

7. Victor says:

Great book, one of the best image offerings to come out in a while. I was aware of it but stores didn’t seem to order much, disappeared from my LCBS’s.

I think teen Titans #12 will be the winner one year from today.

9. Alan says:

If cosplay is an indicator of a character’s popularity, then I can see how evil Batman from Teen Titans #12 might be a cool costume!

Realm can be a winner long term if a) it truly is ongoing, b) it doesn’t vanish after 8-10 issues, c) doesn’t have huge gaps in the story or releases and d) retain readers and pick up new readers along the way.

Sink was a great quick flip for those that could list early but the publisher listing them at cover from their site (which I still think they’re available as I just checked) killed the spec on these. It’s a horror comic, which has their fans but it’s still directed towards a limited audience I think.

Teen Titans has a chance at long term as well if the Evil Batman character becomes popular but it’s still all a “What If” at this point in time..

I have got one of these in my pullbox, I grabbed one on Wednesday, and I think I pre-ordered two copies of each cover. I need to sit down and read it to see how it is, I just flipped through it real quick at the shop.

12. kara says:

Read the preview a good read.. I picked this one over gasolina… I like this comic great character that looks like michone.. Mine just came in the mail today…