Greetings to my Comics Heating Up and Awesomesauce families. I would like to say thank you for reading this each and every week. As always thank you for the friendship, encouragement, advice, and support. I love being a part of this and it is the greatest blessing in my life.
I am a tad behind, so my reads of the week are Thor #700 & Batman the Drowning . Metal is the event of the last five years. Just crazy comic book fun. Flash & Legends of Tomorrow are #awesomesauce. Gifted is to live action what the first X-Men the Animated Series was to animation back in 1992.Now lets make some money with some comics because you can’t teach that..
1. GI Joe #226 – Anthony showed everyone there would be a Female Snakes Eyes, she is Dawn Moreno, her first appearance is here.
2. Mad Magazine #512 – Mad plus the Walking Dead equals money. $10. Walking Dead is back on the air. Great time to list books.
3. Teen Titans Annual #1 (Volume 3) – Superboy and Wonder Girl suck face, kiss, make out and become an official couple. This is the Titans series that will be blazing hot in six months to a year. New Young Justice season here. Titans live action show, Arrow, The Flash ect.. ect.. $3-5
4. Superboy #5 (1990’s series) – Superboy and Wonder Girl romance starts. They catch the feelings for each other. Most Superboy issues from this run are in dollar boxes so go hunting
5. Superboy #59 (1990’s series) (1990’s series)- Superman gives Superboy the name Kon-el. Rebirth, The Oz Effect, Kon-el is coming back baby. Dollar box find and such a key book
6. Azrael Agent of the Bat #60 – First off, how in the hell did Azrael Agent of the Bat last 100 issues? Issue #60 features the first couple of Arkham, that’s right, Harley Quinn and the Joker and who bought Azrael in the late 1990s anyways???
7. Marvel Spotlight Deadpool – I really think these off beat Marvel Spotlight comics, which spotlighted upcoming events or series, are books to watch. The Civil War one does well. There is a World War Hulk
Spotlight as well. This is the Deadpool series from 2008 which has blown up this is a tough find $10 and up
8. Deadpool #27 Hastings Bachelor Party Variant – Deadpool, dancers, plus bachelor party, it is Blind Adam the Comic Pimp… nuff said $5 and up
9. Cerebus #61-62 – early Flaming Carrot appearances, leads into the Flaming Carrot series $5 and up
10. Cerebus #104 – another appearance by the Flaming Carrot which is just a fun series and concept
11. I, Lucifer #1 – 1st Poison Elves. Rest in peace Drew Hayes. This series was blazing hot in the mid 1990’s oversized magazine size but such a great series.. go hunting
12. Batman #436 Second Print (green DC logo) – the first appearance of Tim Drake gets no love. Didn’t realize this even had a second print. Say what you want, Tim was the first Robin to have his own series $5-10
13. FFlash #3 (Volume 2) – first Kilgore. The Flash show does d-list villains right. I really liked how they remade a tech based villan and made him modern again $2-5
14. Justice League of America Annual #9 – Kilgore takes over Max Lords mind, brings him back to life dollar box find
15. Infinity Inc #35 – first Hazard. Can’t way to see her in next weeks Flash episode $10 and up
16. San Diego Comic Con program 1998 – three words is all you need to seek this out, Alex Ross Superman cover… oh guess that’s four words. happy hunting $25
17. Uncanny X-Men #184 – first Forge and compared to other “X” first appearances this one is so cheap. I could see Gifted using forge $5-10
18. Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 3 packs #1-12 Marvel’s Secret Wars introduced us to the black costumed Spiderman #3 and 5 have classic covers, if your a Hulk or X-Men fan. They were packaged in three packs for outside comic book store sales and the still sealed three packs come up in the market. The prize is #7-9, which goes for $20 and up, but this is a way to get a high grade set for grading happy hunting
19. Watchmen #1 NYCC 2009 variant – Doomsday Clock will be hot. It will heat up everything Watchmen again Dr. Manhattan will be beating the tar out of Superman. This was a handout, a giveaway, and is now quite pricey $25-50
20. Empire Magazine November 2017 Subscriber Variant – this has a JLA movie cover. The Wonder Woman cover does well and Empire Magazine is respected so happy hunting $20-40
21. DC Who’s Who #3 – early Kill-gree appearance. This dude ain’t done yet in the Flash show. Loving this season out so far. Who’s Who are so worth the pick up $1-3
22. Dark Horse Presents #20 – First Flaming Carrot comic published by Dark Horse comics and Dark Horse Presents, especially early issues, are easy to find $5
Before I go, does anyone think Heroclix figures are worth speculating upon? Is there a market for them outside of packs? Thank you guys for everything.
blind adam out