Inexpensive Variant Watch: Walking Dead #1 SDCC 2017 PX Calendar Variant

Here is a cool one that is only $6.99 shipped. Out of SDCC this year, Walking Dead had a calendar set that came with an exclusive variant. Here is your chance to grab it for less than $7 shipped!

Jesse James Comics has the Walking Dead #1 SDCC 2017 PX Calendar Variant for $6.99 shipped. That is a pretty good deal as the comic by itself has sold for up to $20. The print run on these was about 5,000 copies.

Like most of these inexpensive comics these will probably not last long.

41 Responses to Inexpensive Variant Watch: Walking Dead #1 SDCC 2017 PX Calendar Variant

$5,000.00 copies? Hehe..

I am sick. Leave me alone.

Sent from my iPhone

At least it wasn’t an iPhone comment… 😉

Lol. I am ok with iPhone comments. I was getting my kids ready for school while posting. I didn’t do a video this week because i don’t have a voice

I’d do a video but I’m not as pretty as you are…. And we don’t want to lose users coming to the site 😉

I am a good looking man

• Brennan says:

Feel better dude.
        You have my permission to not help out around the house this evening.
        If the Mrs has an issue with that, you know how to reach me.

Yeah right. There are no sick days for dad’s…. I might take you up on the offer to call my wife. I am still hustling comics while I am sick, we have a basement to fix and our rental property needs a bunch of work since the tenant put a hole in the bath tub (she said she was cleaning) and the dishwasher is broken….

Did she hire Jessie and Walter to clean her tub? Those guys know how to make holes in tubs….

• Brennan says:

Lol “cleaning” …. Suuuurrrrrreeeee

Maybe with a type of acid perhaps?!?!

My guess is a triple x throwdown of epic proportions happened in that tub.

Just patch it up with that flex seal tape from the commercial and tell the tenant when they learn how to manage their hulk like strength, they can have a proper tub!

2. emiobeg says:

Barnes and Nobles “Here’s Negan” HC that includes a WD #100 reprint is the same cover, but with Negan.

Gotta love the 25th Anniversary box set.. “Here’s Negan” exclusive.. then they create a HC of it that anyone can get, making the 25th Boxed variant kind of no longer exclusive or that special..

• Brennan says:

The 25th is a paper cover though! PAPER!!!

• Brennan says:

What got me was how not exclusive it was because adlard got a whole bunch which he promptly signed and sold. I don’t believe that they came out of the 500 “limited” editions.

The boxes getting duplicates is what turned me off. You spend that much money, they should ensure no duplicates.

• Brennan says:

You would think with so few of them that they could make sure there were no duplicates of any titles.
        That said, a shop near me has one just sitting there…..it’s so tempting.

Nope…. Don’t do it.

I got a local shop as well that jacked up their box to like $500. I think last time I swung by it’s still sitting there. No one should have to pay $500 for 25 $10 books.. on a good day and possibly 4 to 5 of them have duplicates.

3. Brennan says:

Or $20.85 CAD for those of you north of the border.

4. Christopher says:

Please!

5. Anthony says:

I can ship most books to Canada for $9. Each additional ends up being about $1 more. No way it should cost $25 to ship to Canada. I think they are using eBay global shipping partner.

• Brennan says:

I’m just holding onto hope that someone I know moves to Buffalo and I can just go and visit them every few months for a night and pick up my stuff while I’m there.

• JayClue says:

I can’t even do that. I have a marijuana conviction from when I was 18 (1996), and US customs won’t let me into the country, lmao.

Wow. Which side holds the grudge?

• JayClue says:

America holds the grudge, with their asinine ‘war on drugs’. The penalty of the marijuana conviction, in Canada at the time, was literally a $200 fine. When I tried to enter Buffalo about 7 years ago I was stopped by American customs, held for hours and was treated like I was a drug Czar. Definitely ‘Murica holding the grudge on this one.

• Brennan says:

It’s none of my business but you should totally look into a record suspension. If you have an otherwise clean record you’d likely qualify and it would allow you to travel into the states more freely.

• JayClue says:

It’s usually $15-$20 US for shipping to Canada. That works out to $20-$25 CDN. Tony, the few times we have done business together, your shipping rates have always been fair. Thank you for that.

If you have ever sent anything from US to Canada it can suck very bad. Things sit in Canadian customs for months some times for no reason other than they will get to it when they can eh. I one time sent a comic to Canada when your post went on strike my customer had to wait months until the book finally came to him. They also randomly charge custom duties which everybody hates.

• JayClue says:

Ummm, that’s not how that works, Alana. Not even close. Items don’t just ‘sit’ at Customs. I would imagine they have hundreds of thousands of items go through that border every day, if not millions. I’m also pretty sure that Americas customs are much more rigorous and time consuming than Canadian customs. We don’t care who or what comes into our country, as long as it’s not an assault weapon. Now, if the postal system is on strike, then naturally yes, an item will sit at customs until the strike is over. If that same item was sent using a courier, it would have passed through customs as it normally would. I’ve received hundreds of items from my neighbours to the south over the last 2-3 years. Not once has anything ‘sat’ at customs until Gary gets around to delivering it (Gary works at the post office, 😉).

• Brennan says:

I haven’t ordered anything in a while so I haven’t seen gary in quite some time. Say hi for me next time! I wonder if his mum got over her toque rash??