Diamond Comics Advance Reorder List for 1/8/18

comics_diamond_comic_distributors_inc

The Diamond Comics Advance Reorder List is a great speculator tool. It shows what books retailers are going back to get more of, in advance of their release. They are actually putting their money up betting these books get big. These are the books people are talking about in shops, message boards, and websites. Here is the Diamond Comics Advance for 1/10/18.

What a great week this week. Hidden down near the bottom is TRUE BELIEVERS VENOM VS SPIDER-MAN #1 , this is a $1 reprint of Amazing Spiderman #300. An ambitious seller already has these listed at $49.99. I do not think these will hit that high but this will be a good flip. A couple of new series make the list. Abbott makes its appearance twice. Oblivion Song by Robert Kirkman also still sees the $200 ($160 through the link) collectors edition still tops the list, and the regular edition is on the list too. Vinegar #1 shows up, as does Dissonance #1. Check out the full list below.

OBLIVION SONG BY KIRKMAN & DE FELICI #1 COLLECTORS ED
GEARS OF WAR RISE OF RAAM #1 CVR A BROWN
THANOS #13 2ND PTG SHAW VAR LEG
ADVENTURE TIME ORIGINAL GN VOL 11 PRINCESS & PRINCESS
TRUE BELIEVERS VENOM VS SPIDER-MAN #1
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #4 VAR ED
X-O MANOWAR #11 CVR A LAROSA

This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Diamond Comics Advance Reorder List for 1/8/18

1. David Bitterbaum says:

I just think $200 for a brand-new first issue from an unproven series–“Collector’s Edition” bonuses or not–is absurdly risky. Even if Kirkman has a huge hit under his belt (The one with the Walking and the Dead) this could very well flop. Just my opinion…

2. Tammy says:

Yikes, oblivision is nothing more than a giant cash grab by an egomaniac. No thanks.

I can’t say it is not a cash grab, but Kirkman is really down to earth and many times people do not talk to him because the perception that he is The Kirkman. I was with Joshua Williamson in the back room of the Skybound booth at NYCC a couple of years back. Kirkman came in and was munching cheese crackers and drinking water. He then started in “Josh, show him the statues that were made for Birthright (one of a kind gifts for the book being published) and some other stuff.

But it is a cash grab.

Sent from my iPhone

Those True Believers are great especially if you pre-order them and get them for less than a dollar, and then you can get anywhere from 3 to 5 for them later .

4. Salty says:

I just get the feeling that the walking dead is on its way to becoming plain dead. It’s mostly the TV series that’s making me think this way. Oblivion song could be his next big thing. It looks cool and I’m hoping it’s at least as decent as the realm. I’m really on the fence about getting the collector box. I don’t go crazy for statues and only buy the occasional funko pop to get signed. I would hope that the comic inside is signed and numbered or something worth while…….but out of everything on that reorder list I’m really looking forward to the lemire title. He’s really done something special with the world of blackhammer and I’m hungry for anything that he serves up regarding it. I expect that gideon falls will be reordered because it looks pretty cool and most people love lemires other titles. I really love that Lemire writes for every publisher under the sun………Lemire Rules!!!!!!!

5. Salty says:

Question for Everyone. I looked on ebay for oblivion song out of curiosity and didn’t see much besides one copy of image plus claiming 1st appearance of oblivion song. I know that image plus regularly showcases upcoming titles but does the golden moniker of “1ST Appearance” apply??…..im always chasing ashcan…retailers and convention exclusives that warrant 1st in my mind…..am i missing something with these image plus magazines? At least the other variants that I mentioned are the whole comic and not just a few pages….someone please provide some clarity on this.

I collect Image Plus and for most of them, consider them first preview not first appearance. But since it has pages from issue 1 it could be considered as such.