Greetings to my Comics Heating Up and Awesomesauce families. I want to wish you all a happy new year, may all your dreams come true. Thank you all for everything, as it is one of the greatest blessings in my life doing these.
Doomsday Clock #2, Batman White Knight #4, Deadpool #291, Batman #38, and the Super Sons series as a whole were my reads of the last few weeks. The Gifted and Happy are the best two shows on TV right now and need to be checked out. The new X-Files too. I still need to see Star Wars the Last Jedi. now lets make some money on comics cause you can’t teach that.
1. Spidey Super Stories #31 – I love this series. Just more great bronze age fun. This has a Star Wars #1 homage cover and super stories in high grade are difficult to find, especially the back covers, because of the damn cut out stamp $5-10
2. DC Year of Change #1 – this is the true first appearance of Static. Came out before Static #1 I want static to make a come back as the animated series was a blast. He would fit in well on the live action Titans show some day, or the upcoming Black Lightening. $25 and up
3. Amazing Spiderman Annual #16 – It was announced that the character Monica Rambeau will be in the Captain Marvel movie. Here is her first appearance.
4. Wolverine and Kitty Pryde Mini Series – So Kitty Pryde is getting her own movie. Why give Kitty Pryde her own movie? She would be perfect for the Gifted show but for a fox movie? Kitty Pryde takes the name Shadowcat in this mini series and she gets ninja training. Could be fodder for the movie. The entire set goes for like twenty bucks tops
5. Amazing Heroes #46 – first preview of Power Pack. One day Power Pack will have it’s day in the sun. Plus, it features a cover image of Amazing Spiderman #252. Amazing Heroes is so worth the investment $10
7. Uncanny X-Men #257 – Legion, The Shadow King, and Polaris, all the best X-Men shows in one comic plus Jim Lee art as well #awesomesauce $5-10
8. Uncanny X-Men #269 – another Legion and Polaris appearance fighting the The Shadow King, Jim Lee art, and it is cheap as all heck $5-10
9. New X-Men #118 – I mentioned this a few times but now I am in the market for this book. The Stepford Coo-Coo’s first appearance. The Gifted is #awesomesauce. The Coo-Coo’s, the three in one is the best thing of the show, now they need cosplay love. This book is a steal at $5-10
10. New X-Men #134 – this might be an already talked about book, and I am not sure who to give credit to for it, as I googeled Quentin Kid Omega’s first appearance and a bunch of stuff came up so if anyone on any other site talked about this first thank you. The reason I am pointing this out is the Gifted trying to think who they can add for season two and Quentin Kid Omega came up $10, plus any issue in the Grant Morrison run should be snagged up now as the run is so so cheap and loaded with keys
11. Omega Men #2 – first cameo of Lobo. This issue features the cover to #3. So cheap, and needs a pimp slap to the next level in price $5-10
12. X-Factor #87 – classic story with Doc Sampson having coach time with X-Factor’s Polaris. The Gifted is the bomb. Cheap book in the wild, $5. I think as a joke I will put it on the all as a $10 book and see what happens
13. Top Ten #12 – ABC Comics, whatever happened to that line of books? (DC bought Wildstorm and Alan Moore checked off is what happened.) Looks like ABC Characters are coming to the DCU, Promethea and Tom Strong have both been mentioned. Low print run and Alan Moore is still a cry baby. I so want to try and see
what would happen if I gave him a copy of Doomsday Clock to autograph. $5-10 on this great book
14. Action Comics #904 1:10 Doomsday Variant – final issue before the New 52. Doomsday cover, the Krypton show from SY-Fy will have Doomsday in it, and this cover is #awesomesauce $5-10
15. Happy #1 Forbidden Planet Variant – Happy is the best comic book show on TV. Grant Morrison is a god. The holy trilogy of writers is Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, and Geoff Jones. #testify. Like what kind and how many drugs gives you this crazy tale of a talking horse and an evil Santa Claus $20
16. Howard the Duck 7-11 Cup (1970’s) – the days of the Big Gulp when you got really cool collectible cups needs a major come back. Like 7-11 you have Deadpool Pops, but why not a damn cup? These Marvel cups from the 1970’s go for some nice money $20 and up
17. Ren and Stimpy #41 and #42 – I love Ren and Stimpy, it was the Rick and Morty of it’s day. I can’t believe the Marvel series lasted for#44 issues. All the issues in the 40’s had very low print runs and I never find them in the wild $10-25. happy happy joy joy
18. Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men #1 – Kitty Pryde gets trapped in the Break World Missile. Kitty Pryde movie announced. This is in dollar bins get em now
19. Marvel Two-in-One #100 – the new Marvel Two-in-One is #awesomesauce. I loved the original series. Most issues are very cheap and the series is littered with keys, but the final issue is a must. Most final issues of older series are low printed and hard to find in nice grade $3-5
20. Uncanny X-Men #139 – Kitty Pryde joins the X-Men? Like, how many code names did Kitty have? What one will the movie use? I think Shadowcat is the sure bet $20 and up
It is nice to be back in the saddle. It is nice to have a working computer again, I have missed you guys. I love you all have a great week
blind adam the comic pimp out