DIE!DIE!DIE! LAUNCH ROCKS INDUSTRY HEADLINES

In a shocking move, Image/Skybound Entertainment dropped the first issue of an all-new series by comics titans Robert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD, OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA, OBLIVION SONG), Scott M. Gimple (Punisher: Nightmare, writer and producer for The Walking Dead TV adaptation on AMC), and Chris Burnham (Batman Incorporated, NAMELESS, NIXON’S PALS, OFFICER DOWNE), with colors by Nathan Fairbairn and lettering by Rus Wooton, titled DIE!DIE!DIE! which will be available for sale tomorrow.

“That’s right, in stores TOMORROW! We want to make going to a comic shop exciting again—a place for discovery! The internet has drained all surprise and anticipation from comics. Everyone hears about exciting new projects and then has to wait months or years for it to be in their hands… and half the time at the end of that buildup, the stories get spoiled in some lame attempt at getting wider media attention,” Kirkman dissed. “So, surprise! Here’s a new monthly series. How cool is that?! This is literally the only way I can be like Beyoncé.”

Gimple added: “I spend most of my time working in TV, the big Walking Dead programs keep me plenty busy, but I’ve had a burning passion for comics since I was nine. I used to go to panels to see Robert Kirkman talk. And now he’s writing quotes in a press release as me that I can read over and tweak!”

DIE!DIE!DIE! promises to be a blood-soaked, no holds barred, action-packed, irreverent story that fans won’t be able to rip their eyes from. We live in an evil world where evil people do evil stuff all the time and DIE!DIE!DIE! lifts the veil on a secret cabal within the United States government that influences world matters through targeted assassination. The world around us is manipulated right under our noses, mostly for the better… but sometimes for individual gain, and sometimes for the fun of it.

“We cooked up all sorts of great action sequences and horrific gross-out gags for this book,” said Burnham. “Maybe we should have called it Puke!Puke!Puke!”

So if you’re hurting people, somehow making the world worse than it already is, or even just standing in the way of something good happening… someone could right now be giving the order for you to… DIE!DIE!DIE!

22 Responses to DIE!DIE!DIE! LAUNCH ROCKS INDUSTRY HEADLINES

1. JayClue says:

Issue #1 is now available for open order at Diamond. Tread lightly. Imo.

I wonder if the cover will be different. This was supposed to be the Image “Thank You” book to retailers. If so, they were only charged for shipping. Not all stores got copies but it was sent out in ratio to the number of copies of Oblivion Song that was ordered. Now to charge for the books and make them open to order is kid of an “F—- You” and not a Thank you.

• JayClue says:

My LCS told me they were given matching orders for DDD based off of Oblivion, not a partial match.
        Im thinking the open order cover will be same art but wont have the different word balloons on it. It is a big fuck you to everyone. Kirkman doing his best to manipulate the market for his financial gain. It really goes against all the reasons he (kirkman) gave as to why he was doing the free surprise book. What a self indulged hypocrite. The ass hat (Kirkman) couldnt wait more than 24 hrs before flippin everyone off. Smh.

• Brennan says:

My LCS said they were charged for them but maybe they didn’t look closely and see it was only shipping?

• Brennan says:

Why am I not surprised by this tactic? SMH.

2. My LCS is giving it free to everybody that had Oblivion Song in their pull list and they do have some for sale too.

3. IndyKMB says:

My LCS was limiting purchases to 1 per, and I was also told that they matched the qty to what was ordered for Oblivion Song.

4. schweizerdavid says:

My lcs had a stack of these with each cover seemingly allocated equally. Someone told me they thought the version without word balloons was more rare, but that did not seem to be the case at my lcs.

5. Jay Nelson says:

Gimple ….the guy who ruined the Walking Dead ? No thanks!

6. Bill says:

I’m treading less than lightly

I grabbed, I skimmed, I put back. Meh!

8. Uncle Willie says:

I got a matching amount based on Oblivion Song #1 .. all Pull and Holds got one free .. the 15 or so I have left are on the rack, “Spend $5.00, Get One Free Limit One” ..

Hey, a guys gotta make a living .. 😉

9. Uncle Willie says:

PS :: There are worse books than this one, by far ..