Weekend Spec: The SDCC DC TV Announcements

There were a ton of announcements coming out of SDCC. A good deal of them about the CW DC Arrowverse TV shows. Here is a breakdown of yesterday’s announcements and the books they are related to:

Arrow: First and foremost, Arrow will get a new set of foes in the form of the Longbow Hunters. The Longbow Hunters on the TV show will consist of:

Red Dart – the only actual member from the comic books. First appears in Green Arrow (Vol 4) #31

Kodiak – Bad-ass Skull faced leader of one of the 8 Outsiders tribes. First Appears in Green Arrow (Vol 5) #27

The Silencer – Trusted assassin for Talia al Ghul. First appears in The Silencer #1

Flash: Season 5 big bad is the Cicada. American Pie’s Chris Klein is playing the bad guy.

Cicada – First appears in Flash #170

Supergirl: Adding Nicole Maines a TV’s first Transgender Superhero. Plus, Superman foe joins the cast.

Dream Girl – First appearance Adventure Comics #317

Manchester Black – former foil for Superman and leader of The Elite. First appearance Action Comics #775. There is also a 2nd Print of this issue.

12 Responses to Weekend Spec: The SDCC DC TV Announcements

1. JayClue says:

Silencer, eh? Anyone reading that book? Is the female punisher character interesting at all? Anyone? Bueller?

• Joseph Altnether says:

I like it. It is entertaining, and I think there is potential for the character. Plus, the art didn’t drop off after JR jr left the book. Terrifics is far and away the best of this group, but Silencer, to me, has been the 2nd best book (which may not be saying much, but….).

• JayClue says:

JrJr left the book? I may go pick it up now. Hes the only reason I didnt read it.

Lol. I don’t like Jr Jr art either.

• Brennan says:

Going to have to disagree about the terrifics. That’s the worst one of the lot in my opinion. I put silencer and damage right at the top. Even though damage is pretty much hulk/weapon h and silencer is the typical left the life but it’s pulling me back in.

Lol. Didn’t read it. It does remind me of another book that I really liked but still didn’t pick it up.

• Brione says:

The Silencer is actually a good story with some great action in it. She’s a good new character and I think she’ll stick around especially now that she’s on Arrow. She’s not exactly a bad guy in the comics so it’s interesting that they’re making her a villain on Arrow. Oh and she’s nothing like punisher, only similarity is the guns.

• JayClue says:

Idk. Guns seem to be a pretty big part of who Frank Castle is. 😉. Jokes, Brione.

• Brennan says:

I’m going to co-sign on the nothing like the punisher. She’s got a different background and different motivations.
        Former leviathan assassain being pulled back into that world. Just wants normal life with family.
        As for being a villian on Arrow, she probably hasn’t left Leviathan yet so the villian part makes total sense.

• FJO says:

As Brione said, the only similarities between Silencer & Punisher are the one-word code names and the fact they both use weapons (knives, guns) to kill. Punisher is a normal human vigilante. Silencer is a superhuman assassin who (formerly) only killed targets she was assigned to kill. Silencer herself has a metahuman skill. Her costume also has special abilities. Quite a fun comic so far. It’s presently the only DC book I buy regularly. (98% of my comic reading is non-DC/Marvel.)

2. Comics Rule says:

Is Impulse going to show up in Flash season 5? I believe Bart Allen made a few appearances in previous seasons but still no Impulse. Hoping that my Flash #92 jumps in value lol.

3. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

thanks for the weekend spec. what no love for black lighting or legends of tomorrow? the two best shows on t.v. ? and to add to it legionares #0&19 first xs . love you guys blind adam out