Thief of Thieves, Think Tank, and The Darkness Optioned for TV

We just mentioned the Nailbiter deal as part of Skybound Galactic deal with Sony, but three more books are also included in the new announcement, Thief of Thieves, which had been optioned previously, Think Tank, and The Darkness .

The characters and concepts for Thief of Thieves first appear in Thief of Thieves #1 while Jackie Estacado, aka The Darkness, first appears in Witchblade #10 before getting his own series in The Darkness #1. The characters and concepts for Think Tank first appear in Think Tank #1

From Newsarama:

Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment has inked a deal with Sony Television to form a new production company – Skybound Galactic – which will develop television projects based on Skybound comic books as well as properties from other Image imprints, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Projects in development under Skybound Galactic include adaptations of Kirkman’s Thief of Thieves and Josh Williamson and Mike Henderson’s Nailbiter. Additionally, Skybound Galactic is developing adaptations of Top Cow’s The Darkness and Think Tank under executive producers Marc Silvestri and Matt Hawkins.

18 Responses to Thief of Thieves, Think Tank, and The Darkness Optioned for TV

1. Todd says:

The Darkness first appeared in cyberforce #25 not Witchblade #10.

• Todd says:

Cyberforce 25 release date of 8/1/96 where Witchblade 10 was released on 11/1/96. It was a preview of the Darkness series.

Cyber force is a preview I believe. Most of what I am seeing online and what I remember when i collected the character point to Witchblade #10. Also, if we look at how the market responds, Witchblade 10 is the winner.

Kirkman still trying to offload Thief of Thieves…. I say good luck… I dont really have any high hopes for that one.

3. Kevin Verdine says:

Thief of thieves……? Haha that ship has sailed. More Kirkman trash. He’s a one hit wonder

The funny thought about ToT is it actually got better when Diggle started writing it but I think by then the ship not only sailed but was starting to sink..

Also, I’m actually happy to say that ToT was my first big flip ever back in the day. I dumped my #1 for around $80 along with a small set of issues 2-6 thrown in as well.

• Drew Arnold says:

Funny, this was mine as well! I had several copies of #1 and remember driving around town to several comic shops to find more copies of #1 when it became hot! I’m pretty sure I sold mine for around $60-80 too. Didn’t #1 of ToT hit $100 at some point?

Yes it was. I sold a bunch

There’s a rare variant master edition of #10 limited to 25 copies also a limited DF variant that people are asking the most for.

5. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

wow need to find my witchblade box. I have every variant of witchblade #10. the cyberforce #25 is a one page pin up and preview at best still a first appearance but #10 is the money shoot. #testify love tyou all blind adam out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9NUvC-9lZ8

6. OC_Guy says:

There needs to be an official comic book to movie/tv “Option day”… just like retail has new DVD or Music or Video game day. This way I can find sellers that have multiples of what will most likely be sitting in my “option” box for years and years and years. At least I could save on shipping by combining that way. Right now one of the very few recent indi options out of many out there I have high hopes for is God Country.

You all might want to get on Secret Six #1 1968

8. The Darkness was definitely on-track for a movie before. Witchblade even put out a theatrical poster the last time it was supposed to be a feature film; then disappeared into oblivion. I love the original Witchblade series and it’s various spin-offs, but am not holding my breath for the latest round development hell. Think Tank was also previously optioned. And the Kirkman production company doesn’t mean much, because we’ve had similar news before, like the one led by Fraction & DeConnick… whatever came of that??

9. r says:

I have both WB#10 and the Darkness #0 Variant signed by Marc Silvestri.