Wednesday Open Forum

Wednesday

Wednesday, the best day of the week, new comic book day. It is like your birthday in the middle of each week (well, one where you buy your own presents.)

We open things up to hear from you. A free for all.

The 208th edition of the open forum!

As always we also want to hear about your weekly pickups.
So, What were your pick ups?
What had disappeared off the shelves?
What was sitting on the shelves?
What back issue deals did you grab?

57 Responses to Wednesday Open Forum

1. Daniel P says:

These are my pickups for tomorrow morning (east coast). Looking forward to some spoiler 1st appearances from you tonight so that I can add to this list 😀

Infinity Wars Weapon Hex #1 Ramos Design Variant
    Life Of Captain Marvel #4 Battle Line Variant
    Venom #7 NYCC Stegman Variant
    Sideways #9
    Source #1 Cover A x 7
    Venom Annual #1 Sinekiewicz Variant x 2

• D-Rog says:

I’ll be looking for the Venom Sinekiewicz variant as well…maybe put away a Source #1 copy or two…we’ll see.

• Daniel P says:

Yeah I’m hoping for something big in the venom book, and I’m gonna try and flip a few copies of Source #1 quickly to pay for the rest which I’ll hold until it gets optioned.

• patrick says:

Curious as to your opinion on Source #1.Quick flip, or long term hold?
      Thanks

2. Eric R says:

Good week for reading!

Waiting for me in my pull box tomorrow are the following:
    Gideon Falls #7 (Lotay variant)
    Venom Annual #1 (Sienkiewicz variant)
    Marvel Zombie (Lee variant-collected the original Marvel magazine series and am stoked for this book tomorrow)
    Black Badge #3
    Darth Vader
    Ogre #1 (Source Point)-really enjoyed Day 165 and looking forward to this story

Spec pick ups this week:
    -Was able to get 4 copies of Dredd Final Judgement #1 (Jock cover) this weekend all for cover price-sold 3 of those copies for between $19-$29. I kept one copy for myself. After reading it, gonna get issue #2 it was pretty good!
    -Ice Cream Man #1 (2nd print) for cover which I sold for $14 within a day

PC pick up this week:
    Babyteeth #1 (Lenticular cover variant)-I’ve started to pick up some of the rarer variants of this series. I really like the storyline and i also figure at anytime there might be an announcement of this getting optioned like Cates other stories and they’ll start going up. Just a thought…

Good hunting everyone!

3. rush diehard says:

god country #1 cover A…..in near mint/mint RAW…..going for $125 U.S.

Did anyone read that new Black Label White Knight TPB? If so is there anything new about it.

• David Bitterbaum says:

I believe Sean Murphy tweeted it will be coming out but will lack the unedited bits. He said he misunderstood the plans but clearly the truth is DC is freaking-out due to the Batman-penis controversy.

5. D-Rog says:

Anything good in the venom annual? Spoiler worthy?

6. DDevildog says:

Thor has a cool last page, spoiler worthy event just fyi.

7. JayClue says:

I read Venom 1st host the other night and I am curious as to why I havent heard any chatter about Sleeper, the newest Venom spawn. I understand that the symbiote spawn from 165 got some love and so did Space Knight #12, but Sleeper made his 1st full in his true appearance and explained his power set et sl in 1st Host #3, and took the name ‘Sleeper’ in issue #4. Tel-Kar wasn’t Sleepers 1st host either, it was Brock then that Skrull chick then finally a lobotomised Tel-Kar. Idk. Just something on my mind. I would think that the 1st full of a new, different symbiote would have got more love on the interweb comic sites.l

8. JayClue says:

And pot is officially legal in my country as of today. I just got off the new cannabis web store, and it is being sold for as little as $7 a gram. Daves not here, man.

9. Picking up:
    Strangers in Paradise XXV 7

Maybe:
    Cover 2

In the mail:
    Spicy Tales 11: HTF first? Bruce Timm cover
    Batman Secrets 3: Sam Kieth Joker cover
    Elephantmen 43: Brandon Graham cover
    Walmart Swamp Thing Halloween Special arrived

10. D-Rog says:

Batgirl 28 Middleton variant is now up at midtown comics. Limit 2 per customer. SWARM SWARM SWARM!!!!

11. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

is the wallmart swamp thing worth picking up??can they be ordered from the wallmart website??thanks for everything blind adam out

I got one. Read the new story. It was good. There is a Neal Adams Batman story in there which is good. There is also the first appearance of Swamp Thing reprinted in there. Overall it was worth the $4.99.

12. JayClue says:

Pretty light day at the shops for me, as far as new spec goes, but I did pick these up today. The 3 on the left I got in the cheap bins (a buddy of mine pointed out that the What if…Venom is a newsstand copy), the Batman HQ I paid $160 US (not a great price, I know, but its a nice copy and its the last Harley 🔑 for my PC), the Batman Beyond #1 (1st Terry) I scooped up for $22 US and its in beauty shape, and picked up the Weapon Hexs for ratio.

• Alana says:

Hard to find that Batman Beyond that’s not the 6 flags freebie, nice pick ups.

• JayClue says:

Thanks, Alana. The XForce #1 has the Deadpool card and the Incredible Hulk book I needed for my McFarlane run on that series. He didnt do the cover on that issue, but he did the interior pencils.

13. mybodystory says:

Venom Annual #1 Bill Sienkiewicz variant x2

14. Michael Cox says:

Could not find any The Source #1 from Scout anywhere.

I went to one store today, looked around saw nothing and left with a back issue.

16. steven centonzo says:

so when does the (now) smartest person on Earth say to the kid who controls Simon ,”no kid. its not the same. you just met this zombie this morning…he’s not your friggin best friend…now go place the damn bomb. ” When does the (now) smartest girl on Earth realize that the kid more likely needs adults to socialize him and feed him and love him better than a zombie ? When does the (now ) smartest person on Earth think about saving the people who protected her while she sat on her ass and constructed a bomb in peace? just lazy writing @ $5