CovrPrice.com Top Ten Selling Comics for Week of 10/26/18

Covrprice.com launched recently and has quickly become a go to spot for watching eBay trends on comics. They scour thousands of sales to cultivate data to spotlight the hottest selling comics selling on eBay. This is a great quick list to search for back issues and recent stock in your local comic shop. Here is this week’s Top Ten Comics:

Batman Damned #1
7 Day Trend: +95%
Weekly Units Sold: 167
Sales Average Raw: $49.75
Sales Average Graded: $211 (CGC 9.8)
Reason: Long term winner, Bat-weiner.

Ogre #1
7 Day Trend: +261%
Weekly Units Sold: 25
Sales Average Raw: $9.75
Sales Average Graded: NA (CGC 9.8)
Reason: Source Point Press, smalll press book, publisher has been hot lately.

Peter Parker Spiderman #76
7 Day Trend: +194%
Weekly Units Sold: 28
Sales Average Raw: $15.73
Sales Average Graded: NA (CGC 9.8)
Reason: 1st Appearance Loxias Crown (Hunger), Morbius movie

Batman Damned #1 Jim Lee Variant
7 Day Trend: +94%
Weekly Units Sold: 57
Sales Average Raw: $42.08
Sales Average Graded: $212 (CGC 9.8)
Reason: Long term winner, Batman nude Jim Lee variant.

Life of Captain Marvel #4 Yoon Battle Variant
7 Day Trend: +134%
Weekly Units Sold: 34
Sales Average Raw: $8.97
Sales Average Graded: NA (CGC 9.8)
Reason:

Life of Captain Marvel #4 Bartel 1:25 Variant
7 Day Trend: +168%
Weekly Units Sold: 26
Sales Average Raw: $59.00
Sales Average Graded: NA (CGC 9.8)
Reason:

Fantastic Four #140
7 Day Trend: +244%
Weekly Units Sold: 18
Sales Average Raw: $9.63
Sales Average Graded: $109 (CGC 9.6)
Reason: Annihilus Appearance

Wonder Woman #56 Frison
7 Day Trend: +82%
Weekly Units Sold: 47
Sales Average Raw: $7.04
Sales Average Graded: NA (CGC 9.8)
Reason: Awesome and creepy Killer B variant

Venom Lethal Protector #1
7 Day Trend: +116%
Weekly Units Sold: 33
Sales Average Raw: $20.49
Sales Average Graded: $99.29 (CGC 9.8)
Reason: Venom movie. Still selling after all these months.

10.

Venom #7 Secret Variant
7 Day Trend: +88%
Weekly Units Sold: 42
Sales Average Raw: $12.38
Sales Average Graded: $80.00 (CGC 9.8)
Reason: Secret Variant for hot Donny Cates book.

17 Responses to CovrPrice.com Top Ten Selling Comics for Week of 10/26/18

1. D-Rog says:

Looks like the Morbius news came out in the 16th judging by the spike in sales and prices on eBay.

2. OC_Guy says:

Fantastic Four #140, huh? Well, FF annual #6 has gotten crazy lately so I guess people are looking to other appearances.

• OC_Guy says:

Speaking of FF annual #6 I checked recent sales on Ebay. That book as sold a ton the past month and a half.. Glad I bought a bunch a couple of years ago when you could still get mid grades for $20 or so. Still, is there a recent rumor that I missed on this book? It is selling like gangbusters (whatever that is)

• Gary J says:

There is a rumor the next Avengers movie will be named Annihilation and my guess on why FF 140 is selling is because it is the origin of Annihilus.

• OC_Guy says:

I looked that up after your comment. How did I miss that one? I hope they introduce Annihilus because he would be an awesome villain. Just not sure that will happen so quickly in the cinematic U. At least not yet. I think I need to sell one or two of mine to take advantage of the price spikes. Even if they don’t introduce him that book has been undervalued for a while, with two major silver age first appearances and all. Yeah, that would certainly explain FF 140. Once first appearances spike too high in price 2nd appearances and origin issues are the next best bet.

• Alana says:

The Fox Disney deal hasn’t even been finalized yet, so unless they (MCU) previously got the rights to Annihilus when they got Scarlet Witch no way whatsoever Annihilus will be in a movie that’s already done filming.

• Alana says:

The storyline in comics called Annihilation is about the death of Thanos not Annihilus.

• OC_Guy says:

Well, I put up one of my copies of FF annual #6 and it sold within an hour…For 8x what I paid for it nine months ago. Talk about hot!

Madame Xanadu was cast in Swampthing, thats another old weekend spec paying off.

4. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

wow need to serch my f.f. stock. going to do hidden gems soon today. love you all blind adam out

5. What do you guys think of Spider-force 1 for spec? Two 1st appearances.

Marvel is cranking out some first appearances. It will depend on if the characters stick.

• Capt. Feet says:

I don’t foresee too many of these new characters sticking around, but you never know. I’ve had to shrug my shoulders numerous times as of late. Who would’ve thought cosmic ghost Rider of all characters.

6. Krypt says:

Here’s a comic book storyline that I think can easily be integrated into the MCU given the ETERNALS is a definite go.

The Black Galaxy Saga from Thor vol. 1 #419-424.

Has anyone read this arc? It’s pretty good and I think Marvel can easily adapt this. It would be a good storyline to use for either a new Thor or Avengers movie and a great way to introduce the High Evolutionary into the MCU.

If the CELESTIALS are coming to the MCU this could be a nice fit. #419 is the first appearance of Stellaris and she would make a good antagonist in this type of cosmic storyline.

Just a hunch and a possible spec pick.