Greetings to my Comics Heating Up family. thank you for reading each and every week. Always remember, you don’t need sight to have a vision. Before we make some money with comics I would like to say a few things Venom #23, Daredevil #17, and Batman Death of the Family are my reads of the week. Still can’t find the dang Rick and Morty Pickle Rick Pringles. Katie Keen cosplay must become a real thing as will Punchline. Now lets make money with comics cause you can’t teach that
1. Ultimate End #1 Skottie Young Variant – Sure Venom #23 Skottie Young variant is getting all the love for the Ryan Stegman Donny Cates Cover, but this is not the first time he has done a creator on the cover. That would go to this book, Ultimate End #1. Skottie put Brian Michael Bendis on the cover. Would make for a great double signature series book if you can find both Bendis and Young at a con together. At around $3 this one will not break the bank either.
2. Archie Comics FCBD 2005 – OK an old school free comic book day comic. An Archie one at that so it will be tough in high grade. This is the first modern Katie Keen. Katie is on the rise as her show is #awesomesauce, and unlike Riverdale, the show has the feel of the comics. This might be in dollar boxes, $5 tops.
3. Archie and Friends #101 – Another Katie book to be hunting, which came out after the FCBD book, and ran from #101 until #110. It is Katie Keen time to shine baby
4. Overstreet Fan Magazine #15 – try to find it still sealed. I love classic fanzines, convention programs, and stuff like this. This has Space Ghost inside it, a Frank Miller cover outside, and is just freaking awesomesauce $10
5. Harley Quinn #14 (New 52) Flash 75th Mad Love Variant – I still need to go see Birds of Prey. However, Harley is the face of the DCU. This has a Bruce Timm cover and these themed covers from the New 52 are still affordable, but for how long? $5
6. Marvel Age #134 – Dear Hollywood, Netflix, Hulu anyone? How much money will it cost for a decent reboot of Beavis and Butthead? Beavis and Butthead are American icons, classics. MTV shows them no love. Without Beavis and Butthead there would be no Jersey Shore, no 16 and Pregnant (and do not get me started on Dr. Drew, can we get Dr. Drew arrested?) This is the first true appearance of Beavis and Butthead, pre-dates Beavis and Butthead #1 and is a tough find at $10. Bring back Beavis and Butthead
7. Big Apple Comix #1 – cheap underground comics from the mid 1970s. This has it all. The Big Apple, NYC, if you make it there you will make it anywhere. R. Crumb scripts, Neal “Snapple Bottle” Adams art. Just a classic underground comic and it will not break the bank $15-30
8. Batman Gotham Knights #1 – Jim Lee cover, that is all. I am getting
ready for a few Jim Lee signings. As convention season is upon us, I was researching Jim’s early DC work. Batman Black and White #1, Man of Steel #119 and this book are so cheap. Jim’s first Batman and Superman work are just amazing stuff. His Alpha Flight work is also cheap gold to be mined #testify. $5
Well that is all for this week. Not feeling well. Damn flu kicked my butt and I am still not at 100 percent. Off to call this possible future landlord.
love you guys thanks for being such a great blessing in my life
blind adam out