Since Covrprice.com came on the scene, they have become a go to spot for watching eBaytrends on comics. They scour thousands of eBay sales to cultivate data to spotlight the hottest selling comics. Here is this week’s Top Ten Comics: (Please note, potential spoilers do follow, and, these results are for auction that closed last week. )
1. YOUNGBLOOD #2 PINK LOGO VARIANT (Image, 1992) Youngblood #2 somehow makes it BACK to the #1 spot for two weeks in a row! While selling half as many copies this week compared to last week with 36 copies sold, it still had a 7-day trend of 134% and a high sale of $166 for a CGC 9.8, passing last week’s high of $130 for a 9.8. It’s hard to say if this will stay on the list next week.
2. HULK FUTURE IMPERFECT #1 (Marvel, 1992) It was announced last week that long time (and fan favorite) Hulk writer, Peter David will be releasing a follow-up story this August to the much-beloved FUTURE IMPERFECT Hulk story with the long-awaited origin story of MAESTRO, the alternate future version of the Hulk. As huge fans of this storyline, we can’t wait to read this. This news also comes at the heels of rumors of WORLD WAR HULK becoming a possible storyline in the MCU. But man, could you imagine Maestro as a villain? Regardless, this book is trending up and landed in the #2 spot. Maestro is a fantastic character, so this is one book you should definitely hunt and hold. This sold 26 copies, had a 7-day trend of 168% and had a high sale of $95 for a CGC 9.8.
3. CAPTAIN AMERICA #307 (Marvel, 1985) A rumor that reportedly started with WE GOT THIS COVERED cites inside sources developing DEADPOOL 3 and including the characters TYPHOID MARY and MADCAP. Madcap, who’s first appearance is in this issue, is a wacky character (described in the article), so take this with much reservation. Rob Liefeld has already responded on Twitter with “NOT TRUE” and “They make everything up” (about We Got This Covered). Who knows. Regardless, enough collectors jumped on it and bought 11 copies, gave it a 7-day trend of 348% with a high raw sale of $45.
4. POINT ONE #1 NICK BRADSHAW (Marvel, 2011) There’s new news swirling around NOVA appearing in the MCU, specifically with the Annihilation storyline coming into play. While Nova’s (Richard Rider) first appearance is on our runner-up list at #13 with a $1K 9.8 sale, it was the first appearance of the more recent Nova, Sam Alexander. His first appearance in this issue helped re-light the fire on this variant that has had his fair share of content rumors over the last few years. This time last year, before SDCC, Feige was on record expressing interest in bringing Nova into the MCU, causing sales to be at its highest yet at $315 for 9.8. With no news, this book came down… and now it’s moving back up! This sold 18 copies, had a 7-day trend of 148% and had a high sale of $120 for a CGC 9.8.
5. SWEET TOOTH #1 (DC, 2009) It was announced last week that “Netflix Gives Series Order To Team Downey’s DC Comics Adaptation Starring Christian Convery & James Brolin.” This AVENGERS connection with Robet Downey producing and James Brolin acting has given this $1 cover price comic a MASSIVE boost with a raw copy hitting $135 and most averaging around $100. If you can recall, Downey had this at Hulu back in 2018, taking this $10 book to $40… which it remained at until this week. sold 12 copies, had a 7-day trend of 217% and had a high raw sale of $135.
6. ULTIMATE FALLOUT #4 (Marvel, 2011) With raws hitting $150 to $200, this first appearance of Miles Morales is moving fast. It sold 25 copies, had a 7-day trend of 98% and had a high sale of $550 for a CGC 9.8. With that said, a new contender enters the ring for Miles’ first appearance with MARVEL PREVIEWS #95. This has caused some heated debates with two camps: 1: He’s in costume on the front and inside the issues and 2: this is an advertisement and doesn’t count as a first appearance. Whatever camp you’re in, this book is quickly getting as expensive at the first print of Miles and had multiple sales at $120.
7. X-MEN ANNUAL #14 (Marvel, 1990) The 1st cameo appearance of Gambit is trending up! His cameo is pretty substantial, where many fans believe this counts as a full appearance. However, CGC designates this as “Gambit cameo (predates Uncanny X-Men #366). This sold 21 copies, had a 7-day trend of 107% and had a high sale of $256 for a CGC 9.8.
8. THE INCREDIBLE HULK #340 (Marvel, 1988) Does this cover have Wolverine? Check. The Hulk? Check. Drawn by Todd McFarlane? Damn straight. This COVID-Comics break is bringing collectors back to some key covers like this one. It’s fantastic. Many others thought so as well and helped sell 11 copies, had a 7-day trend of 199% and had a high sale of $436 for a CGC 9.8.
9. ANNIHILATION CONQUEST WRAITH #1 (Marvel, 2007) Donnie Cates has plans for WRAITH and has hinted at a direct connection to Knull. AND as you know by now, people are LOVING themselves some Knull. This first full appearance of Wraith sold 20 copies, had a 7-day trend of 108% and had a high raw sale of $99.
10. VENOM #3 3RD PRINT (Marvel, 2018) Knull is one of the hottest things in comics right now… and this SPECIFIC cover is one of the hottest comics out there. It sold 18 copies, had a 7-day trend of 116% and had a high sale of $325 for a CGC 9.8.