Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for 3/8/17

What Up CHU? Its MEL V. back with another round of variants. This week we have a double tap from artist Simone Bianchi, one of which I think will be a monster, and cover of the year candidate..so lets get into it.

Inhumans vs X-Men #6 Cover E Incentive Simone Bianchi Variant Cover – Medusa and Psylocke, Logan and Blackbolt do battle on this cover. I’m digging it

Kingpin Vol 2 #2 Cover C Incentive Keron Grant Variant Cover– I love the style of the art, Kingpin overlooking the city..this series is underrated This cover may get over looked but in my opinion, its great! Check out cover A (I wish that was an incentive)

ROM Vol 2 #7 Cover D Variant Nelson Daniel Subscription Cover – here we go again but for some weird reason this cover just screamed out to me Should be easy to find and will fit nice in the hands of ROM collectors

Silver Surfer Vol 7 #9 Cover B Incentive Simone Bianchi Variant Cover (Marvel Now Tie-In) – Shout out to Matt S. who put me on to this cover. Soon as I saw it I scrambled to try to secure a copy, but no luck as of yet. This one will be the winner of the week hands down

Also, I’m trying to get slim an trim for the annual Baltimore Comic Con trip so I’m in the market for a juicer, so if anyone can recommend me one please feel free to leave it in the comments.

17 Responses to Mel V.’s Variant Picks of the Week for 3/8/17

1. Jonathan hoffman says:

Good luck on slimming down, but be cautious with too much fruit. Some fruits are very high in sugar. Great after a workout, but not something to consume throughout the day.
    Totally non comic related lol my apologies

• Mel V says:

Lol its cool..yea doc said got to limit the fruit..im gonna focus om ginger and kale and greens

sounds yummy, not

High in sugar yes but also high in fiber and other nutrients that just eating crap with just sugar and processed ingredients, so it’s a nice balance than say, eating a Snickers when you’re hungry.. 😉

Don’t listen to Anthony.. I love Kale. Freaking delicious. I eat plants cause one day they’re gonna eat us when we’re 6 feet under so I’m trying to get back at them now while I can. 😉

Don’t apologize. Its always welcome

2. Richard Guevara says:

Im hearing that the Silver Surfer variant could be a ghost, pretty cool cover as well. You guys think it has any long term value or is it a quick flip?

Because no one reads Silver Surfer currently cause Dan Slott made Silver Surfer suck..

• Richard Sean says:

Lolol I was just thinking that. Does anyone actually read silver surfer right now….

I gave the last volume a chance but man.. Slott really screwed up one of my all time favorite Marvel characters.. I do dig Allred’s art though but I would love Silver Surfer to have a new writer and a new artist, go dark in the story and art.. make him awesome again. And dump the girl that tags along with him..

• Josh Masters says:

Dan Slott makes everything suck these days. I wish I had a real Spider-Man/Peter Parker title I could read. I’m still bummed they cancelled the Spidey series… Saturday morning action with all the heroes and villains you love. That was as close to the character I grew up with in a long time.

Yeah, Spidey series was awesome.

Quick Flip though if you ask me. Most Marvel variants don’t hold value unless there’s a 1st appearance or something else major occurs.

• Mel V says:

Good question..its a down right beauty of a cover ..will be saught after early..may take a slight dip but when and if surfer makes another movie appearance expect this to spike

3. Andrew cantrell says:

Nice pics though I will say this is one week that you didn’t have any of my top picks on there (though it was a slim picking for good variants this week in my opinion). Honestly for me the best variant I saw this week was the Nancy Drew Cover H incentive. I know its basically the basic cover with stuff missing, but I thought this cover was awesome.

4. Andrew cantrell says:

Also, thanks for not picking a venomized cover! I am a huge venom fan but I was almost sickened by all the venomized variants this week, though I did kind of like the Squirrel Girl venomized variant.

5. Justin says:

Breville makes a great juice for a good price.