Variant Envy: Batman #26 Joshua Middleton Variant

DC has been ripping it up with their cover price variants ones that have been so good they could be ratio variants people would pay for. Here is one for Batman #26 by Joshua Middleton that just blows me away. I do love Poison Ivy after all.

The cover art was just released.  I do not see them up for pre-order anywhere yet.

23 Responses to Variant Envy: Batman #26 Joshua Middleton Variant

1. JayClue says:

That is a beautiful cover.

2. Jay says:

For sure batman 26?

3. Jay says:

Batman 26 is showing variant by tim sale can we confirm the change?

4. Jay says:

Can we cover B or C??

Midtown had #26 A and B listed in their May Previews Pre-Orders. Unless it’s changed, they had theirs listed as a Tim Sale variant for Cover B and Cover A was a Janin cover. So we’re either seeing a cover C or they updated B with a new cover and replaced Sale’s cover.

6. Rick Macias says:

Hopefully he replaces Sale, his work is as bad as Romitas

Nah, Romita Jr. is worse I think. Some of Sales work is good but some does come off as odd…. Batman or superheroes in general don’t go well with Sale’s style of art I think.

And is it me or does Romita Jr. drawings of people make them look stiff…. Like they are posted in a non natural way…..

• Jesus says:

I also think JRJR”s style is shitty. No where near his dad’s. I personally think he got famous cuz of his dad. But that’s just my opinion lol

• JayClue says:

JRJR makes everyone look like stiff box people. His art truly does suck. It’s turned me off books that I used to read regularly. I recently stopped reading Suicide Squad because of his art. It suuuuucks.

• Romita’s figures always look stiff and bloated; with glazed-over eyes, and I hate the constant lines on the cheeks (his Mary Jane Watson-Parker was terrible). I’ve disliked most of Tim Sale’s Batman Variants, but have liked his work on other subjects.
        Romita SR is an incredible artist, though; even today.

7. Shines says:

Very, very nice. I’ve been picking up Poison Ivy covers, she’s poised to become the next sought after cover subject.

8. John F. says:

Mos Def, must have, awesome cover. Middleton’s been pullin’ out some gems lately, fo’ shizz!

9. blind adam the comicpimp says:

#awesomesauce I will buy a few of these. poison ivy will be Harley hot in two years. and when gotham siryins drops in theaters any and all aperances bigand small will be desired I just hope the megan fox rumor is false #testify blind adam out

10. It’s now up for pre-order at tfaw.com here http://shrsl.com/?id7y